Original topic:

Z Fold 3 popping noise when opening

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 10:47 PM)
TFS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
When I open my Z fold 3, it makes a popping noise. Upon listening closely to it, it almost sounds like a spring is being stuck and then being released. Anyone else have this issue? 

No its not the sounds from the speakers. The phone makes the same noises when it's shut off as well 
32 Replies
JRTuttle4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I've had mine for about 2 weeks and I have not heard anything like that. It is very smooth and quiet when I open it. There is a quiet snap at the very end of closing it that seems to be by design, but no sound at all when opening it.
0 Likes
TFS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yeah the snap is by design but I think I'm gonna get mine swapped. On the center crease line if I put just a bit of pressure and run my finger down I can feel bumps. I don't think that's supposed to happen either. Why risk it, I'm just under the return policy
0 Likes
JRTuttle4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yeah, I wouldn't risk it for how much it cost. I don't feel any bumps at all on the center crease line of mine.
0 Likes
EzraV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

I also am experiencing the clicking or popping sound when opening, it seems like a handful of us are. Mine randomly started making the sound possibly some days ago.

TFS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yeah same here, it randomly started but it's bugging me a great deal haha im gonna have to get it swapped. Spent 2 hrs last night on the phone with Samsung, super frustrating. In for another night of that...

I'll update you guys here what ends up happening
EzraV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Awesome! Let us know how it goes! I'll probably start my swap with AT&T as well... unsure how this could go with the current amount of backorder's.. here we go!
Although, should I contact AT&T? (Where I purchased my device), or Samsung? I do have Care+ also.

Will update with my process as well ordering from my carrier instead of Samsung.
0 Likes
TFS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
If you want a new one I would contact ATT. Samsung will only be able to repair it, and they're saying about 2 weeks turn around. So much for "premium care" lol
EzraV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Oh wow! 2 weeks! I may just cancel my Care+ as apparently upon reading I've discovered that they go through Asurion for repairs and exchanges.
I believe that's the same route AT&T goes as far as their protection plan which I also have.

Luckily the clicking seems to have vanished, if it starts again I will most definitely proceed with the exchange. But I've also read that it's normal and supposedly just the hinge breaking in.

Hoping all goes well with your exchange!
MikeWhy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I hear a popping noise whenever I open my Z Fold 3. Is this something someone else has experienced before. There is no sign of damage or anything just it sounds like the screen is popping into place about 1 second after the device is completely opened.

Update * The popping noise is coming from the top part of the crease and when unfolded or pressure is applied it seems like the inner display is unsticking and resticking to the layer behind the display making the "popping noise".