Original topic:

Z Fold 3 popping noise when opening

(Topic created: 09-21-2021 12:18 PM)
TFS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
When I open my Z fold 3, it makes a popping noise. Upon listening closely to it, it almost sounds like a spring is being stuck and then being released. Anyone else have this issue? 

No its not the sounds from the speakers. The phone makes the same noises when it's shut off as well 
33 Replies
userHvbet8I4hB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

anyone else experiencing similar? When folding the phone back up closed, if i apply any pressure to left side of the frame near screen while closing it feels like it is being forced up and making a popping noise or something similar.

0 Likes
userxkeYB89HLg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I'm experiencing the same issue with the spring/popping sound when I open the phone (only open, not close).  It's definitely not the unlocking sound from the speakers.  I hope it's not the hinge breaking like some of the older folds, but I really don't want to not have my phone for 2 weeks while they repair it.

0 Likes
edmeds2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
My phone started doing it, I have a case on it and noticed that when it's closed the ends were the phone meets isn't flush on one end. If you look at it from an angle the one of the corners touch properly and the other end is lifted. I removed the case and I have been using the phone as normal and the popping noise is gone
0 Likes
userjYutooUDhR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Same problem within a week of owning it and keeping it in an Otterbox case. Samsung was not helpful - the popping and hinge friction led to some deformation of the hinge which they considered "damage". Escalated from a service center, to Samsung Support, to Premier Services Manager with no relief: not covered by warranty. Once they see any physical attribute of the problem they throw out the "damage" flag even though the faulty hinge caused the damage.

0 Likes