Original topic:

Z Fold 3 settings reset themselves

(Topic created: 09-02-2021 09:33 PM)
userv25jeWOx8s
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

2 settings that keep changing or resetting themselves.....

The first one is the AOD switching to "Show Always" after I set it to "Tap to Show"?

The second setting that keeps changing or resetting itself is the Lock Screen > Shortcuts.

I'll set the shortcuts to flashlight and camera and it'll reset itself to Facebook App and Facebook messenger.  

What is going on Samsung!?

6 Replies
userKWp48qoMSH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm having a similar issue where my lock screen changes to some random one everytime I restart my phone.
userKWp48qoMSH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Also my phone overheats and has bad battery drain no matter what I'm doing.
0 Likes
DAE51D
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have the same lock screen shortcut issue! On my S9 I had phone/camera, but on my S10, they gray out, and reset to Facebook/Messenger after reboot! So annoying. How do we fix this?
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when your display changes on its own. Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DAE51D
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
How do i do that? I know how to do each app's cache, but not the whole partition at once? S10, latest software.
0 Likes
DAE51D
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
0 Likes