JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z Fold 4 Apps stutter, gaming lag, and photo stuck loading in Gallery

(Topic created: 12-13-2022 10:43 PM)
tylerchueye
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello! I am new to samsung after switching from apple and I got the fold 4 as my first android. I feel like there are a few hiccups like when I open applications my apps would stutter and some games like summoners war would lag on the initial start up. I also have an issue where I took a picture on the discord app and my camera and discord crashed and now there's a photo in my gallery thats constantly loading and I can't delete it. I've also tried going into safe mode and clearing my gallery cache, and also looking in my file manager but I still couldn't delete it. Any tips and fixes for my problems?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@tylerchueye To wipe the device cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  5. Press Side key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Side key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  8. Press the Side key to restart the device.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Castros0815
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Check for software update
0 Likes
tylerchueye
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

When I got the phone I immediately updated to android 13 and updated all my apps through galaxy and play store but some apps still seem to get a little stuttery.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Fold

@tylerchueye If I understand correctly, you took a picture using the Discord app? If so, try deleting the Discord cache or even uninstalling and reinstalling the Discord app.

I'm not seeing issues with my unlocked Fold 4. Have you tried wiping the device cache partition? As a practice, I do this after any firmware update to ensure old corrupted cache files aren't lurking waiting to cause problems.  

tylerchueye
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have tried deleting the discord cache but nothing, I will need to try wiping the device cache partition, where do I find to do that? Still trying to learn to navigate through android settings.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
Go to device care. Then to memory and click clean
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Fold

@tylerchueye To wipe the device cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  5. Press Side key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Side key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  8. Press the Side key to restart the device.
Mortarion
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Was your problem fixed?  I’m having similar issues on my Z Fold 4 after the latest December 2022 update.  

0 Likes