JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z Fold 4 Fast charging issues

(Topic created: 08-25-2022 06:44 PM)
NatureBoiyy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Recently just got a Z Fold 4, when I plug my phone in to charge it doesn't fast charge whatsoever. It'll say fast charging for 2 seconds and then it will revert back to just regular charging, doesn't matter what cable or charger I use it's all the same, anyone else have this issue?
24 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@NatureBoiyy No problem fast charging my Fold 4. Often the charger or cable is at fault. Have you tried swapping out both? 

0 Likes
NatureBoiyy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yea I've tried multiple cables and different bricks. It'll display "Fast Charging" then it just reverts back to just "Charging" Idk what the problem is
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
My Fold 4 does show fast charging for a brief moment and then just shows changing and time. I did tests by turning on/off fast charge in settings and charge time increases. This makes me believe that device is charging fast.

Luddha
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Mine does the same as you describe. I'm using a Samsung charger and the cord it came with. I had no problems super fast charging my previous phone
willy07
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have exactly the same problem the phone with fast charge but it doesn't show
0 Likes
kastor
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I've noticed that my new fold 4 will start fast charging for a few seconds only after that it will just charge. No idea why even when fast charge is enabled
i've tried different chargers and still nothing
llSlpkntll
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Same thing is happening to me. I've tried the 45w charger thinking that the 25w wasn't working properly. It was the same outcome. I even tried my other cables and nothing. This has to be a software bug
dw2001
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Did you figure this out? Mine does same thing
0 Likes
MR973
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Fold
Fold 4 will not fast charge.Muli fast charges all oem samsung chargers.Even wireless fast charger from samsung.Fast charger comes on for 2 seconds the go back to regular charging.