JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z Fold 4: Purchasing and activating an Unlocked phone on T-Mobile

(Topic created: 01-12-2023 03:13 PM)
Camaro2019
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Samsung is offering a savings of $1,100 when you finance through samsung and the mouthy payment comes out to $27 a month for 24 months so my question is this if I am with t mobile and purchase this phone through samsung and they shipped it how do I get it activated by t mobile and is there any additional cost to my plan since I'm paying the phone off to samsung? I'm assuming that I will be only paying an activation fee to t mobile and that it is correct? Any advice would be appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
So then you don't need to worry about activating the line, just put the sim card in the phone you ordered online and tmobile will show up on the phone. If you don't feel comfortable doing this or have questions, I would suggest going to a T-Mobile store and talking to a Mobile Expert.

View solution in context

6 Replies
user4C0l85xwCv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
If you're already with t mobile and your old phone has a physical Sim card you can simply swap that from your old phone to your new one and be good to go. If you're a new customer there may be a one-time activation fee, I'm not sure. Like for me, I'm on Verizon and had the S21 Ultra prior to the Fold 4. All I had to do was swap the Sim card and I was good to go but I was already a paying customer so I don't remember seeing any additional fees. Come to think of it they gave me a few hundred dollars credit for bringing my own phone. Hope any of this helps
0 Likes
Camaro2019
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I am an existing customer with T-Mobile and my s21 ultra does have the t mobile sim card installed only reason I am asking is because I have never order a new phone online.
0 Likes
Solution
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
So then you don't need to worry about activating the line, just put the sim card in the phone you ordered online and tmobile will show up on the phone. If you don't feel comfortable doing this or have questions, I would suggest going to a T-Mobile store and talking to a Mobile Expert.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@Camaro2019 Are you currently on T-Mobile? Then it should be as simple as moving the SIM card from the old phone to the Fold 4. Not sure why there would be an activation fee if you already have an account with them. 

0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
As long as you don't call T-Mobile to help you with moving data from old phone, all you have to do is what has been said with no activation fee.
0 Likes
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
If you're already on T-Mobile, all you need to do is just switch the sim card to the new phone. There is no activation fee if the line is already active.
0 Likes