Original topic:

Z Fold 4 randomly crashing/resetting after Android 13 update

(Topic created: 12-06-2022 04:40 PM)
usernhdRxvGNk6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Z fold for randomly crashing/resetting after android 13 update 

Also my watch 5 pro just disappeared from my galaxy wear app yet it is still connected and receiving notifications

Anyone else having these issues 
8 Replies
bigsteve2267
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Having the same problem with the z fold 3 after the 12ui update. Freezes and shuts down. Sometimes it takes a while to restart it. And yes I've jumped through all the technical hoops that Samsung suggested. Even sent the phone back twice for a fix, and still doing it.
BuckNut
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Guess I am glad I haven't received the update yet
MartinH1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Getting crashes on Z fold 4 after update to 13.  Try to move a file and crashes immediately.

Folded4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Having same problem. Intitially, had problems when opening the phone to use the full tablet screen. Screen would go black and audio would stop working although the phone was apparently still on and functional - it just wouldn't show me the screen. I found this out because I was trying to turn the screen on with my fingerprint on the power key which if done repeatedly makes an emergency 911 call. Only way to get it to function again is to do the hard reboot and not open the phone. If I don't open to the large display, the front screen works fine and I'm able to use all features. So seems like a firmware issue transferring commands back and forth from the internal screen. 

Went to the local Samsung experience store after online tech support telling me to just reboot the phone didn't work. They said a lot of people have had issues with the update and Samsung won't let you just revert back to the previous version that was working. In-person tech made me try a factory reset and then examined the phone for 4 hours before telling me I'd have to pay $500 for an entirely new screen/battery assembly. 

After 2 days using just the front screen, now the phone still functions and apps work and so do vibrations, but won't make sounds even after restarting and not opening the internal display which used to be the trigger.

usernhdRxvGNk6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Also the main screen is not turning on with the camera mode to see in back while using in tablet mode
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, We understand how frustrating the issues can be after updating the phone. 

If you haven't already done so, please try to clear the phone cache and run the repair apps option through recovery mode. 

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select. 

Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 
If these steps do not help you can also try the steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001416/ 
If these steps are not helpful, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.
For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Members_VgCVGHp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I am also experiencing this issue.   I am a Verizon customer who bought my phone unlocked from Samsung on the fold 4 release day. 

On NYE I received an update to 13, since I have updated it my phone hasn't worked right since. 

When I open or unfold the phone, as soon as sound starts to play from ANY app, you hear a screaching noise then the phone goes black on all screens, then it either shuts off, or the front screen will randomly come back on after a couple of minutes.  

Oddly, I have noticed if the phone is unfolded and connected to a Bluetooth audio device where the sound does not play over the phone, it has worked a couple times although this is very inconsistent.  

I have performed all the troubleshooting steps listed above, I spent about an hour texting with Samsung support.

They have scheduled an appointment with a repair shop.   Clearly, this is not an issue with the physical phone as my phone is in perfect shape, this is an issue with the OS.  

I am shocked more people are not complaining about the issue, or there hasn't been a patch put out yet

Members_gfHIDS5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I too have the same issue.  Phone works fine, but upon opening to tablet mode, the screen goes blank and the entire unit reboots to a state that is exactly the same - no tablet mode.  If this is an OS issue, I sure as heck wish the would let us know the fix asap.