JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z Fold 4 restarts when Wifi is enabled

(Topic created: 08-25-2022 05:05 PM)
mrfasty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I got the phone 2 days back and love it. But the issue with wifi is a big concern. I have done a lot of troubleshooting with this around this.

- Multiple factory resets with no help: At times phone restarted during the setup phase as well since wifi was enabled during the setup.

- Keeping setup simple installing on new apps: Not using smart switch or installing any other apps

- Safe mode: It starts with airplane mode (wifi disabled) so the phone works fine. Within minutes of enabling wifi the phone restarts again.

- Trying a different router at home to test if it was the wifi connection itself. Same result whether I use the Eero mesh or a standalone Netgear router.

At this time, I am thinking of sending the phone back and ordering a replacement but my concern is that if this is something of a firmware/software update it will not make a difference.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GoingTheDist
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Reach out to Samsung, most likely needs replaced

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
GoingTheDist
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Reach out to Samsung, most likely needs replaced
0 Likes
mrfasty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Yeah. I am thinking that may be the only option. Would expect the issue to be more widespread if there was a software issue around network connectivity.

Will try to return the current device and place an order for the new one tomorrow if I can.

0 Likes
MR973
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
🤔🤔 Didn't do it with mines,but gotta wait n see
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold

Submit an error report when it restarts again