Original topic:

Z Fold 4 secure folder questions

(Topic created: 09-15-2022 08:11 PM)
feixingyuan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Good evening folks:
1) When I do both a Samsung & Google back-up are the secure folder contents automatically included?
2) How do I bring individual "contacts" from outside secure folder contact app to inside secure folder contact app and will those contacts be deleted from the "non" secure folder contact app?
3) I traded in my Note 20 Ultra 5G for my new Z Fold 4; I see I can no longer back-up secure folder contents, so I hope the Samsung & Google back-ups automatically include the secure folder contents.

Thanks in advance for assistance!
2 Replies
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
You can backup the Secure Folder in Smart Switch

Run Contacts in SF to import

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-secure-folder-and-how-do-i-use-it/Screenshot_20220915-220900_Secure Folder_29131_1663297773.jpg
SargeOfNY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

One of the biggest issues with Smart Switch, for users for who the create and modification dates of any files on the device are critical, is that Smart Switch will redate all the files to the data Smart =Switch backs them up. My understanding is that Smart Switch first makes a copy of all the files on the device itself, which in and of itrself can be problematic if you are near capacity (as was the case with my Note 8). Neither Smart Switch nor Samsung Cloud could be used to back up the Note 8 so it could be restored onto my Z Fold 4. Very frustrating since I brought to Samsung's attention the issue about file dates being changes more than six years ago when I migrated from a Note 3 to the Note 8. As a result, i had to lock my Note 3 in a safe for five years because it contained the correctly dated files. It seems I now have to do the same thing with my Note 8. 

Here are more details of what I encountered:

I got my Z Fold 4 a few days ago. I used a combination of Samsung Cloud and Smart Switch. For one particular app I rely on to provide evidence that a document was signed and saved on a given date, Tiny Scanner Pro, I found the folder with the scans (by having the device attached to my PC using the USB cable, in This PC\My Note 8\Internal storage\Android\data\com.appxy.tinyscan\files\MyTinyScan\Documents, and because I was able to use SafeCopyFree! v2.6, I have a folder on my PC containing the entire directory (a folder containing hundreds of folders from my Samsung Note 8).

When I attempted to use SafeCopyFree! v2.6 to copy those folders into This PC\My Z Fold4\Internal storage\Android\data\com.appxy.tinyscan\files\MyTinyScan\Documents, SafeCopyFree does not display the Z Fold4 as a destination. it only shows it as a potential source.

Since Smart Switch is able to move data from one device to another, I am almost certain that there is a way to tell the Z Fold4 to allow it to receive data. I spent the better part of a day with a number of different folks at Samsung Tech Support, where we even tried Developer mode, yet whatever we tried did not work. The phone would only be seen as a source, not as a destination.

How can I enable my Z Fold4 to allow SafeCopyFree (which copies the files without changing the dates) to copy the folders into This PC\My Z Fold4\Internal storage\Android\data\com.appxy.tinyscan\files\MyTinyScan\Documents ?

0 Likes