Original topic:

Z Fold3 unlocked T-Mobile signal icons

(Topic created: 12-24-2022 06:00 PM)
CreekFreak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hi all!

I'm wondering what you see on T-Mobile for your signal icons with an unlocked Fold3? 

I usually see LTE, LTE+, and 5G. But I know most other phones see things like 5G and 5G UC. I never see anything saying UC even if I'm using a UC tower. My Pixel 6 and my coworkers iPhone will show them, but not my Fold3. 

Is this normal behavior with the unlocked version on T-Mobile?

Thanks!

6 Replies
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold
It is. Unlocked devices use the same icons as all international phones do, and I can easily confirm as I've switched from carrier locked to unlocked firmware.
Unfortunately, unlocked firmware wasn't doing me any good, so I switched back so I could experience a faster update schedule
CreekFreak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks for the reply! Good to know about the icons. I've been debating on changing to the tmo firmware. But that bloat always seems to haunt my battery life when I do it.
Solution
CreekFreak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
So just a small update. I got the Android 13 update today on my unlocked Fold3 and I now have the 5G UC signal icons.
Options
Galaxy Fold
My unlocked Fold 4 has the UC next to 5G with T-mobile

I never seen this with AT&T or Verizon. My friends purchased the Fold 4 for Verizon and they see 5G UC.
CreekFreak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hmm I wonder if that's new with the Fold4 line. If you have Android 13 already I suppose they could have added it in the update too.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm on Android 12L
0 Likes