JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Clicking feeling on top of samsung fold hing.

(Topic created: 09-27-2022 05:32 PM)
Norvarg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
When I slowly close my zfold 4, right when it gets to 90 degrees I hear and feel an audible click near the top of the hinge. Anyone else notice this, and what should I do?

It kinda sounds like when you crack ur back but quiet
11 Replies
NicoNi4Lyfe
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Have not had that issue. Would definitely look into it and try to get the phone replaced if needed.

Would just be afraid if something happens in the future.....best of luck!
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I've heard the same thing with my flip 4 when im using certain aps and I have it at 90 degreed, but it hasnt concerned me too much. If it really bothers you, I would suggest bringing your fold 4 to an authorized repair shop for them to run diagnostics.
0 Likes
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold
It is possible that a piece of dirt or sand got in the hinge, and that's why it makes that sound
0 Likes
xtony3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Many people on reddit had the same problem before on their new fold 4 and fold 3 and I believe they said it wasn't a defective product, yet some folks returned their phones for new ones with no problem. That's what I would do. May be a bad batch.
0 Likes
Norvarg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Might do that, going to have them check it out Friday if it happens again, hasn't happened in a couple days.
0 Likes
Norvarg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
You know, I'm not sure if this is the same with other users, but I feel like the coverscreen at first closes more then the back half, relative to the hinge, and then the backhalf catches up later.
0 Likes
userG99jGq3j1m
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hi Community, I have my Z Fold4 since  pre-order came out but from  a few days ago it makes click noise whenever I open and close, I'm afraid if it gets worse and break apart in the end, the noise (gussing from hinge)makes phone feel cheap on my hand now, anyone else having same issue?
0 Likes
Solution
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Galaxy Fold
It's normal
The clicking noise is from the screen stretching and hitting the pads underneath it
userG99jGq3j1m
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
But first three weeks I dint have this issue...
0 Likes