JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ZFold3 screen cracked in 1 week and Samsung wants me to return it for a refund

(Topic created: 09-12-2021 09:58 AM)
BlueWuffy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

The wool had been been pulled from over my eyes.

I just got my Fold3 Sep1.
I folded it for the first time Sep5.....It cracked right down the middle.
I didn't notice that it was cracked since it looked like it was just the screen protector.
Days later after folding, my fold has a black line going through the middle and half of the screen will not take user input.

Samsung will not exchange my fold3 for a new one and keep giving me the run around.
They want me to send it back and get a refund....like are you asking me to go without means of a phone for emergencies and work?

Samsung does not care for its customers, an this is apparent from how they are treating my situation as just any old situational and not as a unique problem. 

Does anyone else feel this way? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

I understand how frustrating this is. Unfortunately, to receive a refund, it is necessary to send in the device first. For additional assistance you will need to continue to work with the refund team. They may be reached by calling 1-800-726-7864 and providing your most recent ticket number. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
Rskyline
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
What about getting the refund and ordering a new one? It is weird that they can't just honor the exchange.
0 Likes
ZelNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Did you buy it directly from Samsung?
0 Likes
BlueWuffy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes
0 Likes
ZelNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Ah yea that's the problem sadly I get all my devices through best buy
0 Likes
The_Chief
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold
Doesn't Best Buy still limit returns to 15 days? Heck, there aren't many problems that will even be discovered in that short time.
0 Likes
ZelNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
That's assuming you didn't purchase a protection plan
0 Likes
The_Chief
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold
I shouldn't need a protection plan to bring in a defective device after 16 days - that's ridiculous. If a company can't give me a 30 day return window, then they don't need me as a customer.
0 Likes
ZelNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I understand what your saying but keep in mind where talking about a product that will be replaced by a better model in 6 months. Also is bad practice to buy any electronic unless you testing it with out some kind of protection plan (in my opinion that is)
0 Likes
presleydc1989
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Good luck. Samsung customer service has always been the worst I've ever experienced. And you are correct. They won't fix or replace unless u send it to them, leaving yourself without a device, for up to 6 weeks.