JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

dual sim visual voicemail bugs

(Topic created: 10-18-2022 06:08 PM)
fold4newbie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

trying to setup visual voicemail on new unlocked Fold 4.  October update has been installed.

Primary sim is the physical and secondary sim is the esim.  Both are on AT&T.

Got everything up and working on primary as far as visual voicemail.   

When I try to get the visual voicemail setup on the esim it just hangs.    Worked with AT&T support and they supposedly sent some update to my phone via the esim and was told to reboot the phone.

after the reboot, the visual vmail was working on the esim but not on the primary number.  & when I tried to call the primary number from the esim number I got an error that no network was available.

Tried to set up the primary visual vmail again and now neither work, and this is buggy as .   Called back to AT&T and got a newbie who was reading from a script and hung up out of frustration.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Escalate in AT&T ... Samsung has zero to do with cell service

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Escalate in AT&T ... Samsung has zero to do with cell service
fold4newbie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

You can't use visual voicemail with both the sim and esim. I had to jump thru a ton of hoops to even get it working on the secondary (esim) by switching off both sims rebooting, and then turning on the esim and rebooting again. to use visual voicemail for both you have to turn one off, reboot, and then you can get the visual voicemail working on the secondary esim but you can't get the messages that were left when both sims were active.

bottom line is that you can get visual voicemail working on one sim or the other but not both at the same time, and you have to toggle the sim off, and reboot twice to be able to switch back and forth, so its not a cell service issue.

I purchased the phone to consolidate 3 devices, (2 iphones and an Ipad) and since this is for work, and non working visual voicemail is a deal breaker. I'll be wiping the phone and sending it back to samsung in the morning.

0 Likes
fold4newbie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

another problem is that in closed mode you can't easly get to visual voicemail, as it is a separate app, and you have to open the phone to get access to it.   another deal breaker for me.

0 Likes