Original topic:

eSim USA

(Topic created: 10-22-2020 08:51 AM)
Rujaal
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Very very disappointed with Samsung, a $2,000 phone in my pocket right now and I'm stuck with one sim card, no support for eSim is ridiculous. this galaxy z fold 5g is going to be my last Samsung phone ever! 
18 Replies
GZ2fold
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Fold
Rujaal, I would like to helpfully advise you but you seem smarter than most people and at least smarter than me. Anyway two heads could be better than one.

Before TMobil tried to setup my Galaxy z and download info from the previous iPhone XI, the rep looked at a manufacturer's Sim card recommendation or specification and a unusual discussion in the store concluded that the Galaxy z requires a completely different Sim card from all other phones. It's been quite a learning curve for me. Had I known the phone was going to be so rare, unique and exotic, I probably would have stuck to my original wish of getting the Galaxy S7 Tablet. While hunting to find a cover and adapters
0 Likes
GZ2fold
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Fold
I must have touched something that posted my reply prematurely so let me continue:

While hunting in Alpharetta, Georgia, an area becoming famous because any electronics that you can't find anywhere seems to be available there, I ran into some Indians (from India) that can fix anything and find parts, chips, artificial brain matter...whatever you need for your phone. They replaced the battery, cables and chips in my iPhone X and it is now working but I don't want to have to pay for another line. Anyway if you need a part, I will introduce you and see if they can help. From what they were discussing with me, they felt the new Galaxy z was too expensive for ordinary folks to buy it and they did not want to get stuck with parts that are not selling well nor not in great demand.
0 Likes
crapklap
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
lack of e-sim on an experimental device is a poor reason t be so upset
0 Likes
crapklap
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I mean honestly, there's like 1/2 a million of these in existence
0 Likes
userRG6t1FjISn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

I agree 100%.  Samsung and AT&T BOTH stated in writing that the phone would support it.  After you try to use it, nobody can deliver.  My work place just returned about 500 of the phones because our procurement team was sold a bill of goods that didnt deliver.  Some of us, unlike other posters here, dont want to carry a work and personal phone...rather we would like to have 2 numbers to 1 phone.  Next time, I hope Samsung and AT&T get their facts straight prior to announcing the phone is esim ready.

OverwatchAZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I think the foot note said to be enabled on the device via a future software update.....although at this point the device in running is still on Day 1 software and with the August security Patch....
0 Likes
user0J0O4H26B3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
this is simply fraud. why is Samsung still including esim in the phone's specification in the official site.
0 Likes
Solution
Simplepink
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold

Samsung US website does mention esim feature but you need to read the fine print noted for it. Item 17 in the footer.

20201022_084006.jpg

20201022_084101.jpg

nickadi13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Why doesn't Samsung just enable our esim via the update they released for the UK and others? Can't be that hard to make it work for the US. Come on Samsung! Give me what I paid for!!