Original topic:

eSim enabled on Galaxy Fold

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 04:59 PM)
David-L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I can see my Galaxy Fold have eSim feature like below.
As you can see it has second IMEI for working eSim. 😍

Fold_esim_imei.png

Funny things is I can show only my eSim's IMEI information this About menu and I won't enable eSim feature on my Fold. 🤣

Normally, In eSim embedded model has "Sim Card Manager" menu in "Settings-Connection"
[Example Image]

SimCardMan.png

But my fold doesn't have Sim Card Manager menu. 

Who guys, Have you ever been Esim Enabled on this device? 

I heard that recently Galaxy S21 series once get Android 12 (One UI4), they will get eSim feature, 
even they was sold only one IMEI. 

But our Galaxy Fold is already has IMEI2 for eSim support, But eSim not enabled until now. 
Do you have any experience of Galaxy Fold's esim? or Who has good news for when will get eSim support via Samsung Android major update? 

0 Likes
2 Replies
job_41
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
As you can see on your screenshot, second IMEI (eSIM) is grayed out, which means that it is unable to register within any of the carriers. I wonder, can you call your carrier and ask if they support your device with eSIM feature? T-Mobile and Verizon should. With AT&T is a different story as they only support eSIM feature on S20 series last time I checked.
0 Likes
job_41
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Bottom line: unless eSIM feature in a particular US Samsung phone is supported by the carrier in the US, only global Samsung phones with 2 physical SIMs work in dual SIM configuration. Even if you bring a global Samsung phone with eSIM perfectly working abroad, eSIM IMEI won't register. Why do you think all US Z Fold series have a single physical SIM where as global Z Fold series have two physical SIMs?
0 Likes