Samsung Pay Gear failed to install

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Pay Gear failed to install

I can't to install the Samsung Pay Gear plug in 

14 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Samsung Pay Gear failed to install

Sorry to hear that but join the club.  My first Gear s3 pay was installed but can't add cards so I returned it.  The 2nd Gear s3 doensn't even add the Samsung Pay Gear App.

Honored Contributor

Hey folks!

Can I ask what region you're both in? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I have been having this issue for a couple of weeks.  Ever since I factory reset my phone as part of the Oreo Beta.  I'm in the US

Honored Contributor

@Privatepyle

Are you still in the Beta, or where you resetting your phone to leave the Beta?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I am still in the Beta. Just did a reset to see if it would smooth some things out.

Samsung Pay will download but trys to install and then fails after a few minutes.  I have also tried reseting my Gear S3

Honored Contributor

Interesting... Hey Community! Anyone else in the Beta seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

In case this is a problem with the Beta, I'm going to go ahead and pass along the information in this thread. Hopefully that's all it is and in the full release everything will be up and running correctly.

Constellation

I just received a S3 Frontier and am unable to download the Samsung Pay (Gear). It always says "Failed to install app"

Currently running Android 8 beta too.

Another data point.

Constellation

I reset my watch to see if it would fix the problem and to see if it would help with my watch's inabiltity to charge past 84%(!)

I also saw on SamMobile/ APKs there was a new version of Samsung Pay for Gear. I tried it but no luck. https://www.sammobile.com/apk/ It seems like the code is for Android 4.4 to 6. I am running 8 (Oreo beta).