Android Oreo for Galaxy Note 8

Re: Android Oreo for Galaxy Note 8

The Note 8 will definitely receive Android 8 in 2018. No question about it.

Astronaut

What's new feature in v8 Oreo..I can't see anything.bcz just v7.1.1  I am still confusing about Bixby..v8. Gonna be better?pls

Par for the course for Samsung. The most expensive unit gets the update last. A dedicated Samsung user I have come to accept the ineptness from no support, Delayed Bixby promise, to this. Part of the Samsung experience.

@usergasxtEI01L seeing as how the Note 8 came out a while after the S8 and S8+, it is unreasonable to expect that you would be receiving Android Oreo at the same time anyways. They may open the Android 8 beta up to Note 8 users though, so it may actually release around the same time, as the Note and the S8 and S8+ share many hardware components.

Constellation

I hope Bixby gets some drastic improvements because it is marginally above worthlessness with the version I have

Astronaut

if you are having issues with Bixby it must not be the software. my Bixby works perfect and does everything that it is supposed to without fail.
Nebula

Bixby awesome here also😁
Astronaut

I don't know, I can tell Google what is the score of the Georgia football game and it knows I mean the one that was today and

userW2gh1sanSW wrote:
if you are having issues with Bixby it must not be the software. my Bixby works perfect and does everything that it is supposed to without fail.

I mean the university of Ga and it needs to go to the Internet to get that. Bixby choked on that and many more like it.

@userOYStwV9k1U yeah right now Google is better at certain things like that. I hope the informative search functioned more like Google Assistant tbh, but Bixby is very young and Google has had years to perfect themselves. Bixby can do system based tasks that Google can't though, and that's where it shines. I can even ask Bixby to restart in Safe Mode.