Galaxy Note 8 Edge Lighting Not Working

Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Edge Lighting Not Working

After contacting Samsung about this, they sent me instructions on how to perform a 'soft reset' This didn't solve the issue so after contacting them again, they emailed me back with the following :

I hope this email finds you well. I apologise for the inconvenience, but let me assist you.

Regarding your concern, we thank you for bringing this issue to us. I will raise this to higher management to check whether they are aware or if our developers are now currently working for a fix. Once finished they will be releasing the software update to rectify the issue. We will be sending you an update once this is available.

I ask for your patience and understanding.

If you require additional support, please contact us on 0330 726 7864 (UK) or 0818 717 100 (EIRE), or respond to this email and I will be more than happy to help.

Kindest regards,

Morgan A.  
Customer Service Representative

(end of email) 

Hope this information helps. 

Astronaut

Thank you so much.  This worked for me! I changed my messaging app to" Messages" and went to the Edge lighting settings and enabled it for Messages instead of Message +. I can't thank you enough!

Asteroid

Mine only works when the screen is on. But even with that, it is unreliable. It'll work or stop completely. It's completely sporadic and random. Gave up on this as I don't think it'll work regardless until Samsung brings out an upate that will fix it.

Constellation

Go to Advanced settings, and then what?

Astronaut

I've tried everything and can't get it.
Astronaut

Hi All, This was extremely annoying for me. I had the same problem. Went to Verizon, they didnt know how to fix it. Sat on the phone with Samsung, the had me back up the phone and do a factory reset. Nothing fixed it. Brand new phone.... Then I realized, go to accesiblity>edge lighting... and turn that on.... THANKS VERIZON/SAMSUNG.... that fixed it for me. 

Astronaut

I didn't find that in accessibility. 

Astronaut

I had the same problem and it is resolved.  Read everything because I am typing things that you probably already know. This is what I did.  I went to settings/display/edge screen.  I enabled edge lighting.  I then clicked on edge lighting/manage notifications and then chose the ones I wanted to light up.  THEN I went to settings/notifications and activated the same apps that I chose in edge screen.  They started working immediately.  I hope this helps.  

Constellation

try this: go to SETTINGS/NOTIFICATIONS/<CHOOSE APP>/turn on "Show silently"

Cosmic Ray

Galaxy Note 8 Edge Lighting Not Working

When I 1st read this thread I didn't even know what this option was, but since then I've turned it on, and mine's seems to be working fine. I have an unlocked version