Missing features

SOLVED
Highlighted
Constellation

Missing features

I've noticed that some features are missing from my note 8 Verizon variant. A few that come to mind are, auto restart and device/task manager. Also, when I long press an app, s short menu doesn't pop up stating to create a folder or uninstall. I don't know if Verizon alter the changes or if my phone maybe a defect. I'm pretty I'll notice more missing features as time goes on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rizzy88
a week ago

Re: Missing features

Hey @Rizzy88

Try the opposite. Turn back on animations and you'll see the pop up. It's turning those off that actually disables the window. Example of others with this same problem.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES

[ Edited ]

@Rizzy88 go into Developer Options in settings and make sure your animation duration isn't set to 0 or off. Needs to be at 0.5 at least. This should let the pop up window appear when long pressing apps. Which auto restart are you talking about?

Constellation

Thanks. I do have my setting at 0 for animations. For the auto restart, I saw a video on YouTube about. The youtuber stated that you could set a schedule  the will allow your device to restart to optimize it, which makes sense imo. For example, you could set it to restart every Sunday @ 4am

Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rizzy88
a week ago

Hey @Rizzy88

Try the opposite. Turn back on animations and you'll see the pop up. It's turning those off that actually disables the window. Example of others with this same problem.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.