NOTE 8 ANDROID AUTO AND AUDIBLE

Astronaut

NOTE 8 ANDROID AUTO AND AUDIBLE

The note 8 does not support audible in Android Auto.  This is an important app for many.   Amazon support days that it is Samsung software issue.   IT workS on other Android phones so I know the O S supports it.

Hope they get on this soon!

9 REPLIES
Nebula

Re: NOTE 8 ANDROID AUTO AND AUDIBLE

[ Edited ]

It's a New Phone so there bound to be quirks and things that need updating. Hopefully the Note 8 will become more stable as Samsung releases patches in the coming weeks, months?

Constellation

Does your car have Android Auto built in?  I just switched from a PIxel XL to the Note 8 and Audible works just fine in the Android Auto app.  Check your settings in both.

Highlighted
Astronaut

If you bring up Android Auto on the note 8 when you are away from your car can you see audible?
Cosmic Ray

I use Audible with Android auto. You just have to tap on the headphones and then any app that you can use with headphones will be visible, and Audible is one of them.
Constellation

I agree but there are two flavors of Audible I found out.  The one from "Galaxy Apps" doesn't seem to work for me either.  If your icon is orange and says "for Samsung" just uninstall and download the one from the Google Play store.  It'll show up under headphone icon once you open up Android Auto. 

Constellation

I have downloaded the audible app from the google play store and have the same problem with the note 8. Does not show in android auto. Any update from samsung on a fix?

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone!

I'm going to be sure to pass this information up again. Hopefully it's something already being worked on, but I want to make sure that it's brought to their attention at least one more time.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I uninstalled Audible, restarted my phone, opened Android Auto, got to the phone's regular home screen with Android Auto running, installed Audible again, and it now works.  I have absolutely no idea which part, or parts of this did the trick.

Constellation

I downloaded the Audible app from the google play store.  It will work for a while then when I open the app and try to listen to a book it freezes up.  The only solution that seems to work is reinstalling the app.  It will work for a while but I inevitably have to follow the same process over and over.  I have a ton of books so moving to another source would be quite a loss for me.  When will Samsung get this resolved?