No video calling option, unlocked Note 8 on Tmobile

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: No video calling option, unlocked Note 8 on Tmobile

It worked for Verizon to Verizon but how do you get it to work for Verizon to AT&T ? Any help appreciated 

Asteroid

user8KU0NndVUA wrote:
Hey everyone, I got my unlocked Note 8 yesterday and have been using it with a T-Mobile sim card. I spent a bunch of time trying to get the built in video calling to work and I finally got it, so I thought I would post a guide so the next person doesn't have to do the leg work.

Here is what I did, and I can now call other T-Mobile users via dialer based video calls: (the one down side is all numbers show the video call option, even if they are not T-Mobile customers, the calls just turn into audio when the other person answers)

1. Download Shortcut Master from app store (Light version works, but it's a great app, support the dev if you can)
2. Open the app and go to the menu (three dot's top right) and select app explorer
3. Scroll down to IMS Settings and select it.
4. Scroll down to ImsSettingsLauncherActivity (last item on my list) select it and hit launch.
5. Select IMS Service Switch and under that turn on everything on that screen. (For me most things (especially RCS items) were disabled by default, but when I looked at a friends S8+ settings they were all on so I tried that and all works now.)
6. Make video calls!

That's it, you should be able to make video calls from the dialer now.

Hope this helps someone! Thanks to the app dev and everyone on here for all the help I have gotten over the yea

This is a great workaround,  thanks so much!!

Constellation

This worked for me as well on my unlocked note8 with T-Mobile Carrier.

Cosmic Ray

Hi there,

Not sure what the question is? If you have an unlocked Note 8 and are on the At&t network unfortunately you will not enjoy the HD over LTE, video conferencing, visual voice mail, and such. All those features are for Carrier branded phones.
Cosmic Ray

user5JofLE5Jrb wrote:

user8KU0NndVUA wrote:
Hey everyone, I got my unlocked Note 8 yesterday and have been using it with a T-Mobile sim card. I spent a bunch of time trying to get the built in video calling to work and I finally got it, so I thought I would post a guide so the next person doesn't have to do the leg work.

Here is what I did, and I can now call other T-Mobile users via dialer based video calls: (the one down side is all numbers show the video call option, even if they are not T-Mobile customers, the calls just turn into audio when the other person answers)

1. Download Shortcut Master from app store (Light version works, but it's a great app, support the dev if you can)
2. Open the app and go to the menu (three dot's top right) and select app explorer
3. Scroll down to IMS Settings and select it.
4. Scroll down to ImsSettingsLauncherActivity (last item on my list) select it and hit launch.
5. Select IMS Service Switch and under that turn on everything on that screen. (For me most things (especially RCS items) were disabled by default, but when I looked at a friends S8+ settings they were all on so I tried that and all works now.)
6. Make video calls!

That's it, you should be able to make video calls from the dialer now.

Hope this helps someone! Thanks to the app dev and everyone on here for all the help I have gotten over the yea

This is a great workaround,  thanks so much!!

I don't even make video calls, but I want all services available. So thanks Smiley Happy

Cosmic Ray

Arnel wrote:
Hi there,

Not sure what the question is? If you have an unlocked Note 8 and are on the At&t network unfortunately you will not enjoy the HD over LTE, video conferencing, visual voice mail, and such. All those features are for Carrier branded phones.

This is not true. That's because you are on crappy AT&T. I have unlocked Note 8 and all my T Mobile features work: visual voicemail, mobile hotspot, video call, VoLTE. All you have to do is just download the at&t apps from the playstore

Cosmic Ray

@Wicked68,
Haha, this is true At%t is crappy. I tried your method for mobile and it could not find the folders. So I tried (*#*#4636#*#*) to adjust settings but I guess At&t blocks the changes. Ugh
Constellation

These instructions made no positive effect on my new note 8. Video call still not working. With T-Mobile.

Asteroid

I did that but I do not have visual voice mail working.

Astronaut

Hey this worked for me! but on my fathers note 8 (on bell Canada)  he has no default IMS profile.... and then under IMS information everything is false vs my default profile is BMC VoLTE/RCS and everythig is set to true.  We are both on bell.

He has the profile listed under IMS profiles but I cannot set it to the default or change any of those false options to true.

Any ideas?