Note 8 S pen problem with Google Docs

Astronaut

Note 8 S pen problem with Google Docs

Whenever I edit Google docs with the s pen the cursor goes to random spots on the document when I am hovering back and forth from the keyboard. My s pen doesn't make contact with the screen and it still causes the cursor to move and register the hovering as contact with the screen. Does anyone else have this problem and how can it be fixed? I have the latest software versions installed for both Google docs and my Note 8.
7 REPLIES
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 8 S pen problem with Google Docs

Sorry, you are having to deal with this issue have you tried any troubleshooting besides ensuring software is caught up to date?

Astronaut

I have restarted my phone several times and tried changing the settings on the S Pen, but the problem still persists. I am not sure if it is the S Pen or the phone. I actually tried to go to TMobile to get a new S Pen since that is where I got the phone, but I was told that the pen is not covered in their warranty and that I would need to exchange my entire phone altogether for a new one.
Constellation

I have the same issue. Most usually the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line when I'm trying to select text in the middle of it. There were no such issues on Note4.

Samsung Moderator

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I have same issue with my Note8 but also experienced it with Note5, 4 and possibly earlier models.

Samsung Moderator

Just out of curiosity, has anyone reached out to Google support on this one? It might something in the app itself.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I haven't done that. Yet I'll do it, just for the love of the new Note Smiley Happy