Note 8 Wireless Charger Pause

Constellation

Re: Note 8 Wireless Charger Pause

As suspected.......  I exchanged my wireless charger and am having the same issue.  There is an obvious problem here.  Samsung, will you please acknowledge this and let us know the way forward?

Astronaut

I just got a note 8 and a fast wireless charger. it seems for now the only fix is too restart my phone. yes. the case is not the problem. I have the defender and it chargers just fine when I leave it on. but when I get that **bleep** blinking light after a few seconds out charging the only thing that's worked is reboot. I'm hoping an update is coming to fix this. let me know if this works for you.
Astronaut

/\ /\ I I L -----this works------|

so I just wanted to ask what your resolution was? I'm having the same issue with my note 8 and I had purchased a new wireless charger with the phone. I've tried putting the phones on the charger both with and without case in horizontal and vertical. the funny thing is the charger works fine with my work phone which is not a Samsung device.
Constellation

Same issue started to happen to me over the past few days. MST payments not working, and phone is not even detected by wireless charger (previously was detecting, but not charging - despite saying charging). I've submitted for warranty replacement. Been loyal to the Note line since Note 2, but after the Note 7 last year and now this, I'm thinking I might look elsewhere. 

Astronaut

same here, reboot allows wireless charging to work again for awhile, sometimes days

Astronaut

Thanks for this solution. it works with a high a higher rated usb plug. I hope Samsung works on a better plug and sends them to us no charge.
Constellation

Can you suggest one specifically? Will it allow you to charge upright? I tried the one that came with my phone and it did the same thing.
Highlighted
Constellation

[ Edited ]

I've been dealing with this frustrating issue for a few days now. After searching many post and reading about a magic position a few times I found what works for me. Note 8, Defender Otterbox and the blue fast charge wireless charger that best buy had on black friday.  I went from 68% to 100% in 30 minutes. Below is the best pic of the only angle the phone will charge with case on and the charger itslef. Pay attention to where the power cable comes into the wireless charger, I kind of line up the power button on phone with it.    Hope this helps somebody! 

I've yet to get the stand up charger to work.

2188.jpeg20171207_201322.jpg

Astronaut

Totally I woke up at 3 am the other morning and my Note 8 was on the convertible charger with case on and at 6% battery...   I was like wtf..  unplugged it and pluged it back in and it worked but said charging paused... ended up plugging it in directly for the remainder of night..  next evening I get home after reading some of these posts and sure **bleep** it was the case that was deterring the phone to charge..  it did in some spots but very sensitive... only takes a min to remove case I guess..   all good..