Note 8 plays same music on it's own

Constellation

Re: Note 8 plays same music on it's own

Verizon.  Please help.  Hate to have to ditch this phone because of this.  

Constellation

Yes
Nebula

Well lets take it step by step. We will get there. This is not worth getting rid of this device. Just keep tabs and try these steps out. We will find out what it is.
Nebula

Are ALL apps you have now, even transfered over from the prior dwvice from ONLY the google play store. I'm asking because I have seen this before. Some apps like on a computer, have adware. Even sometimes from the carrire. Open up apps in settings. Click the 3 dots in upper right corner of screen. Then click show system apps. Review all one by one. If the is somthing that you don't know about. Tell me what it is please. Thanks.
Nebula

Just checking in to see if you were able to try the steps and see if anything has changed. Please let us know. Thanks.

Constellation

I'm having the same issue. It's a jingle that plays for maybe 2 minutes around 3:30 or 4:30 am. I've downloaded task manager apps to try and detect the problem without success. It's not a music app nor an alarm app. It does not happen every night. I was hoping an app update would eventually get rid of this if it were some malicious code, but it's been going on for maybe 3 weeks. Does anyone have any advice? If I turn my media volume down before I go to sleep, that seems to work as a bandaid but does not resolve the root cause.

Constellation

Having the same issue. Killing all the running apps from the home screen does not do anything for me either. If this is happening to you, take a listen to the "FINAL FANTASY" app theme song. Is this it? Usually I am half asleep when this happens so I can not be sure. But it sounds very much like it. If anyone can confirm this, I wll kill the app as I dont use it and see what happens. 

Constellation

The jingle that plays in the night on my phone is not the Final Fantasy theme song.

Constellation

I YouTube'd all Final Fantasy songs, not them. Plus, I don't have that game.
Constellation

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I should have been more clear. If I start the factory installed game "Final Fantasy XV.. A New Empire"..the song that plays sounds similiar to the song that plays in the middle of the night for no reason. Guess I will have to record it like the other poster did and track it down that way. Not sure if this link works but this is the song. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PK6bPs-uV4.  Oh and it may be worth mentioning I am on Verizon.