Samsung voice input

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung voice input

My Samsung voice input isn't working. Keeps saying it's unavailable and to try again later. The few times it does work it's laggy and still give me the unavailable message 

See more topics labeled with:

6 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Samsung voice input

I'm having the same issue, it just started today or I just noticed it today.
Constellation

This stopped working for me yesterday. Bixby works and if I switch to Google's voice input "virtual keyboard" it also works. I would just use Google's but I like to switch voice input language by switching it at the keyboard instead of having to go into settings. 

I have already tried restarting the phone with no luck.

Astronaut

I'm experiencing the same issue, it's so annoying. please fix asap Samsung!
Constellation

Samsung "Voice input currently unavailable. Try again later." My new Note 8 suddenly started giving this message 3 days ago. The only time it does work is if I talk in a very loud voice, and even then it will respond that it's currently unavailable. Mine is also slow to type out my voice to text.
Supernova

Hey, everyone. Thanks for letting us know about this!

There is a pretty easy fix, which is to use Google's voice typing.

Settings > General Management > Language and Input > Virtual Keyboard/On-screen Keyboard > Select Manage Keyboards

On this page, toggle Google voice typing "On" and toggle Samsung voice input "Off"

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

There are two Samsung input voice input working at the same time you need to go in and disable one of them it's in apps