Broken S-Pen

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Broken S-Pen

Update: @SamsungLarry @SamsungAlex 

Thank you I just received my replacement S-Pen you guys have been a great help cudos samsung

Constellation

Only a month out and my stylus broke. Dropped my phone and the stylus slipped out and cracked on the top tip. Phones fine.

[ Edited ]

@nedfred5507 wrote:

Update: @SamsungLarry @SamsungAlex 

Thank you I just received my replacement S-Pen you guys have been a great help cudos samsung

They actually sent me two replacements for my Note 9, thanks Samsung! Shout out to them and all the mods, you guys rock! 

Current Device- Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Ocean Blue, 512 GB
Constellation

An hour into using my new Note 9,and the S pen has broken at the top. Completely gutted. 

Samsung Moderator

Could you please answer the following questions:

• What type of damage did your SPen sustain?
  • What led to the damage of the SPen (actions, environment, etc.)?
  • Can you provide a detailed description of how the damaged occurred?
  • How long have you had the Note9 before the damage occurred?
  • Approximately how many times have you used your SPen before the damaged occurred?
  • Any additional comments or concerns the customer may have and would like to share it with Samsung?
Constellation

The top part, Blue bit, literally split apart and came out of the pen as I tried to remove it from the phone. It's now in 4 parts, the top with a small metal plug beneath it and 3 plastic bits. 

What led to it... Removing it from the phone

How long have I had the note - about 3 hours

How long have I used the pen...about ten minutes in total

Samsung Moderator

Thank you for the information. We would recommend a service accessory exchange.  Could you please provide me the following information in a private message

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:

Model Code:
IMEI:

Constellation

My S Pen snapped at the point where the upper part connects to the lower part. Now it's in two pieces. The little black pin is sticking out. ruined. I sent a PM to the link provided. Can I get assistance in replacement please? Less than a week old.

Regards,

Mark

Constellation

It happened to my note 9 too. I exactly used it 2 to 3 times. I pressed on it , I found its top defragmented to small pieces and the rest of the pen inside the phone. That happened after 6 days of purchasing the phone and it's now in warranty checkup
Constellation

Hello,  Unfortunately  I too have had this problem. It happened to me quite recently. My phone is under warranty and  I  pay extra each each month for insurance on  device. I am unclean what to do? I don't know as I've never had any problems in the past. 

I was using it when with no warning the back end literally just came away from pen  for seemingly no reason.

I have  been  a long time user of Samsung note products.  Several of them lasting  over several years use and I have  never ever had an issues with the s pen until now. 

I think  somehow the quality of material may be diminished or the manufacturing process has changed.   I still do love all things Samsung Galaxy note and this was a very big purchase for me.  I have no established credit and so my note 9 is a cash purchase. 

Can you offer any relief  to one such as me?

Thanks for your help and God bless you, 

B