Broken S-Pen

SOLVED
Asteroid

Re: Broken S-Pen

Joining the boat. Mine is wobbling, it's gonna break anytime now.
Constellation

I tried to click the link in the solution post as my s pen just snapped in half after having the phone for a month and each time I clicked it Samsung+ would close and stop working. Please help!!! Thanks

Constellation

Whats wrong with samsung? I sincerely dont want to go back to iphone, so Im really thinking in switching to Huawei or oneplus if the pen issue isnt fixed. 

Constellation

The top of my s pen broke off today literally the 2nd time I even removed it from the phone, I think I've had the phone maybe 3 weeks now or less and the top broke off of mine also, that piece needs to be made into the pen instead of just having it molded into plastic as an insert bc now I've just had to pay 30 bucks to replace something thru Samsung than has less than 10 mins of use on it. Love my phone and the s pen for the note 9 but the pen is seriously lacking in the usable department if its gonna literally explode on the 2nd use.... kinda displeased at this moment w the fact that it broke and that the spring inside it only functioned as it should for the first use, then the top broke off of it

Samsung Moderator

Can I get your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

Astronaut

My pen broke 1 DAY after I paid for my phone!!! I did not drop it whatsoever! The top section of the pen just fell out of my phone.  My husband took it back to AT&T store who directed him to the nearest Samsung store (over an hr away.) They are having him send it in to be replaced (they didn't give us too much trouble with that luckily.)  This is my first new smartphone ever and I'm happy their replacing it, but kinda PO'ed I spent a solid grand on something with such a flaw.  The pen was my draw to this phone.  C'mon Samsung...make this right.  I don't want to have to buy a new pen every few months.  Fix the quality issue.

Constellation

Yes! Mine broke not even having it two weeks on September 14th sent in the broken pen and my package ended up getting lost! I'm still waiting for my pen. Make sure to call Samsung and let them know they will send you a replacement, but make sure to keep calling every other day about the status of the shipment so you don't end up like me. It's SO frustrating. Good luck!

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Mine literally broke in the spot that connects the click part to the actual pen with no force at all. Actually ridiculous you pay 1k for a phone and it's stylus is this cheap? 

Constellation

I'll join the group. Broken S-Pen while it was inserted and phone fell of my night stand. Unbelievable. This pen is as soft and brittle as my feelings. I've had the note 4 and 8 with no S-Pen issues. 

Constellation

People in another forum had reported and shown pics of having warped S-Pens. Pics show a slight curve or bend where the chromed piece joins with the main pen. Have you noticed the pen warped before it broke?

My guess it comes down to poor QC when assembling a batch of these pens.

If you look at the JerryRigs video on the older S-pen teardown, the chromed piece has maybe a thin 1/4 inch plastic that is basically pressed/joined to the tube of main pen. To get a pen that is warped means when they pressed them together that it didnt go in straight and bent that plastic plug. To stress/bend a small piece of plastic keeping the two parts together must weaken it. Some may get lucky and holds together. Some may not and a bit of pressure on the pen could snap it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=907401&p=6331349&viewfull=1#post6331349