Check the status of your Note9 pre-order Promo!

Astronaut

Re: Check the status of your Note9 pre-order Promo!

Tried sending the private message and its not allowing me to do it.

Constellation

This was my exact same situation!! The store Samsung rep sent in the photo for mine, but I took my husbands home and did it myself. His was approved...mine was denied!! Same info. They said same thing ordered outside promo time. I preordered before the deadline but the preorder paper from bestbuy has no payment info, so it wasnt acceptable.  SMH. I had to take a picture of the print out and receipt together. My husband's head phones has supposedly shipped last week. Mine have been approved for 2 weeks now and there is no estimated date of shipping its blank...this is crazy! Seems like they are rejecting valid claims bc they dont have enough. I submitted my 2nd claim still on 8/24! This makes no sense!

Constellation

This promotion has been an absolute nightmare. Preordered on 8/12, purchased on 8/24. First request I submitted was with the preorder receipt (the app recognized the serial number of the phone I was on, figured it was a given that I had purchased it), claim was rejected because I didn't include proof of purchase. Resubmit with a 2nd photo, this one of the purchase receipt,  and I got rejected for not purchasing the phone within the appropriate timeframe. Pretty sure they weren't selling these before launch day. I've spent hours over the last 2 weeks with Samsung support via chat and phone, and my issue has been escalated to a mysterious "Tier 3" department to handle my claim, which is unreachable by phone and will take 72 working hours to reply to email. I have 27 hours still to wait for my next response, and conveniently my 14 day return window expired today. Hands down the worst experience I've ever had purchasing a phone.

Constellation

100% agree.... how Samsung is handling this issue is just horrible... customer service support on this is very ineffective and the experience with Samsung is an absolute nightmare,  like you said. And they seem OK with it. They are OK that this trashy scam Fortnite bundle of a promo is hurting their customer's experience with their new phone. I mean, I am enjoying my Note 9... but what do you get when you partner a great phone with horrible customer service? Answer: Dissatisfied customers who may not buy their product again. Samsung must have spent tons of money hyping up their new phone, but spends few dollars on helping their customers on issues like what we are having. Great job ruining my product experience Samsung! 

Constellation

I received this message from Samsung.... I guess, they no longer have interest in helping me so I am being sent to solve the issue on my own.... customer service = zero stars

Hey there, thank you for your patience. At this time you will need to reach out to Epic Games directly. You can reach out to them here: https://epicgames.helpshift.com/a/fortnite

Constellation

Sorry to hear that. Turns out Tier 3 was able to resolve the issue for me, I received notification this morning that the claim was approved. I'd suggest asking to have your submission escalated, if you're willing to jump through some hoops, maybe they can help you out as well.

Cosmic Ray

My issue had been escalated since August 25th, the day after launch.  Yesterday they said it was scheduled to be accepted in 19 hours. 

That was 26 hours ago. 

Constellation

wow, nice! How do I get I. touch with tier 3?

Constellation

I asked the phone reps on promo support to put me in touch with someone who could correct the issue or clarify the reason. They said they'd need to escalate the ticket. You should ask them to do the same, just make sure you get a request number.

Cosmic Ray

My issue had been escalated since Aug 25th. This am when I called back again as requested,  it was being updated to the supervisors of tier 3... and 4 hours later it's unchanged. 

If we based all our opinions about Samsung with the promotion experience, we would never buy from them again.