Gallery shortcut from camera

Constellation

Gallery shortcut from camera

After I take a picture from my camera and hit the gallery button on the bottom right, sometimes it takes me to the picture I just took or sometimes it takes me to a random photo saved on my phone in a different folder. If it is not the photo I just took, it's always the same photo it shows me. Any idea how to tell it to either go straight to the photo I just took or open photos in Google photos?

Thanks!

See more topics labeled with:

8 REPLIES
Red Giant

Re: Gallery shortcut from camera

if it isn't going to the photo that u just took, then it must be an issue. try it on safe mode and if it doesn't happen, u have to uninstall apps one by one until u find out which app is causing the issue.

Constellation

Tried it in safe mode, still not going to the right picture the first time. This only happens once in a while. If I immediately go back to the camera and then hit the button again, it goes to the right picture. 

Samsung Moderator

Are you using the stock camera app?

Constellation

Yes. 

Red Giant

what are the carrier, model number, and software build number from the settings > about phone?

what is the gallery app version?

what is the camera app version?

Constellation

Sprint, SM-N960U, N960USQS1ARJ9.

Gallery app version 5.4.09.5.

Camera app version 8.5.05.25.

Red Giant

i have exactly same as yours and couldn't make it happen. there's new software available though. update and see if that will fix it.

Constellation

Thanks! I'll try that. I have a DCIM folder on my sd card, where it's saving pictures I take. I also have the original one in my internal storage. I'm wondering if there is just confusion from that. I'll try updating and then if that doesn't work, I will try merging the two folders and see what happens.

Thanks for everyone's help so far!