Note 9 5G Data Bands

SOLVED
Halo

Note 9 5G Data Bands

I'm wondering if the Note 9 comes with the bands for 5G data that will be rolled out in the next few years? Specifically for T Mobile? I don't switch phones every few months, so I need to know if it is somewhat future proof, because I'm going to pay for mine's cash + turning in my Note 8, which I also bought outright. Answers appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wicked68
‎08-21-2018 03:10 PM

Re: Note 9 5G Data Bands

Unfortunately the Note 9 doesn't support 5g networks that will be rolling out this year and rumors also say that the S10 won't have 5g either.... that however is a rumor. But as for the Note 9 not having it yet is a good thing. The tech can be tested on other phones first. Usually the 1st gen technologies usually have bugs within them.

Hope this answers your question. 😎

5 REPLIES
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wicked68
‎08-21-2018 03:10 PM

Unfortunately the Note 9 doesn't support 5g networks that will be rolling out this year and rumors also say that the S10 won't have 5g either.... that however is a rumor. But as for the Note 9 not having it yet is a good thing. The tech can be tested on other phones first. Usually the 1st gen technologies usually have bugs within them.

Hope this answers your question. 😎

Halo

Thank you

Astronaut

Next phone must be 5G capable. When will Samsung announce 5G capability?

Highlighted
Halo

Most likely one of the S10 variants will support 5g.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Wicked68 wrote:

I'm wondering if the Note 9 comes with the bands for 5G data that will be rolled out in the next few years? Specifically for T Mobile? I don't switch phones every few months, so I need to know if it is somewhat future proof, because I'm going to pay for mine's cash + turning in my Note 8, which I also bought outright. Answers appreciated. Thanks

In the United States Carriers have 28Ghz and 39Ghz for 5G frequencies and no phones support these bands as of today. . LTE bands can be use for 5G like Band 71, 41, 48, 46 but that will be not pure 5G speed. 28/39Ghz can handle 1gbps speed on every device connected to the tower but you need to be a few feet away from the tower unless the carriers use a lot of repeaters.