Note 9 Buzzing sound when Zooming Camera

SOLVED
Cosmic Ray

Note 9 Buzzing sound when Zooming Camera

When I zoom in my camera my phone makes a loud buzzing sound out the top of it. The photo or screen becomes very fuzzy like it's being vibrated. 

I searched Google and someone else is complaining of this issue too. I cleared the cache like support suggested but I think this may be a hardware issue. 

Any one else have this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungAdam (Samsung Moderator)
Tuesday

Re: Note 9 Buzzing sound when Zooming Camera

To anyone experiencing this, can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

107 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Is it a mechanical sound like it is coming from the physical phone or a digital sound like it is coming from the speaker?

Constellation

Having the same issue with the mechanical buzzing and camera not focusing (blurry).  They want me to send in my 3 week old phone for a 2 week repair window.

Cosmic Ray

Sounds like we are the beta testers for a $1000+ phone. It's making the news that note 9 has camera issues.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2018/09/17/samsung-galaxy-note-9-camera-freeze-problem/

Cosmic Ray

I can't tell. It sound like a vibrate motor is on.

Asteroid

I have the exact same issue with my old Note 5, it happens when u shake the phone heavily. The sound come from the lenses so they can reach their initial position. 

Constellation

Same issue on my Note 9. Definitely coming from the lens area of the camera when zooming in. It seems like a hardware issue, where the lens is vibrating heavily and won't allow the picture to focus

Cosmic Ray

I found If you switch to Pro and zoom the problem goes away . It's only in Auto that the problem happens.  This makes me think it's a software issue. 

Constellation

I did some tests and there is no 2x in pro mode thus the telephoto lens os not used. I too am having this issue and not sure what to do. I dont wanna be charged for a replacement phone thats gonna be a refurb, and i shouldn't be charged for a hardware issue that i didn't cause.

Cosmic Ray

I don't agree. There's 10 x zoom in Pro and 10 x  zoom in Auto and and it it only happens in auto.

I'm convinced it's sofware issue. Either way I'm with you too I don't want a refurbished phone