Note 9 Buzzing sound when Zooming Camera

SOLVED
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 Buzzing sound when Zooming Camera

Yes, this issue has nothing to so with what carrier you are on. Big issue and no word from Samsung. 

Constellation

Hey, I had this same problem on my s6 edge plus, and I upgraded to the note 9 and it's happening again.  The fix for both phones for me was to give it a quick shake forward and back.  Theres a ti y motor that zooms the camera in and out it seems and it gets stuck, so you gotta force it to go where it is trying to go.  I think the problem may have been caused by a minor drop or jar to the phone in order for it to malfunction.

Cosmic Ray

Never dropped the phone, but a ride a motorcycle and mount the phone on the handle bar. Agree, excess vibration causes camera to start malfunctioning. But my Note 8 was mounted on the handle bars as well and ZERO issues. 

Constellation

mine is a physical sound and vibration in the phone what are the next steps.  I followed the recommendation  of clear data and cache in camera app still no better. 

Constellation

I got this too. Very frustrating, I'm thinking this is a hardware defect. At&t is sending me a replacement but I'm concerned it's only a matter of time before the new one is affected also.

Astronaut

Same issue here. Camera worked fine for a month or so. Definitely buzzing from the camera while trying to zoom or use live focus. My live focus feature is totally unusable and the picture quality in general has deteriorated. My wife and I both upgraded phones at the same time, I tried to get her to purchase the new galaxy, but she went with and iphone - lucky her. I'm extremely dissapointed. We moved to Indonesia and I purchased this phone to take pictures during our travels... looks like we'll be using the iphone for that.

Constellation

Also having the same X2 issue. Samsung will not recognize this as an issue. Do I just keep hounding Samsung until they replace/repair it?
Constellation

[ Edited ]

Just noticed mine this afternoon. Total bs. Samsung needs to fix this issue. $1000 for their new features not to work.

Cosmic Ray

they will fix your phone if you send it to them however the only thing that makes me upset is I'll have to wipe my phone before I send it and then try to get everything back the way I had it before when they send it back. the downfall is I don't know how long the fix will last it could become broken or with the same symptoms even after a week or so like the other user said.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I faced the same problem. The phone made a vibrating sound when zooming in Auto mode.

I did a facotry reset and it is back to normal now.