Note 9 Camera Lag Randomly

Asteroid

Note 9 Camera Lag Randomly

This has been widely reported by people. The Camera would lag randomly for 2-3 seconds rendering taking pictures/video impossible.

Are there any fix coming soon?

78 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 Camera Lag Randomly

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

Asteroid

@TINNHI wrote:

This has been widely reported by people. The Camera would lag randomly for 2-3 seconds rendering taking pictures/video impossible.

Are there any fix coming soon?

Model code:  SM-N960UZBATMB

Baseband version: N960USQU1ARH2

Carrier:  T-Mobile 

128GB version, have tried using both Stock and Nova Launcher, pics saved to internal memory. Had constant and horrible lag / freezing (and camera error message) making the camera unusable at times, especially action shots. 

Switching the device to WQHD+ resolution seems to have helped and for the last day or so, no lag.

Going to continue testing over the weekend, but this definitely seems like a software issue. Hopefully a solution is found soon.  Missed some pretty unique photos of my kids yesterday because of the freezing.

I have experienced this since the day I got the phone! I have complaint so many times even on this community page but no update what so ever. Samsung needs to step up their game as we pay a $1K for this phone.

Constellation

Same issue here

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Same issue here.

Model SM-N960U  TMobile 128gb

Baseband N960USQU1ARH2

Constellation

Same here. Lags every time I use the camera. Very frustrating.

SM-N960U

N960USQU1ARH4

AT&T

Constellation

So far no lag issues with my note 9, but I traded up from my S7 edge for exactly this issue. This thread tells me the issue may not be just on the Note.

Asteroid

Model: SM-N960U

Baseband: N960USQU1ARH4

Carrier: AT&T

Samsung Moderator

Thank you for this information guys, we are currently looking into this and will report back once we have more information. For new posters, please provide the information Larry requested earlier in the thread. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.