Note 9 Camera Lag Randomly

Constellation

Re: Note 9 Camera Lag Randomly

Mine also lags.  My Note 8 that I gave to the wife works much better when it comes to the camera.  Quicker snaps, all shots in focus.  I miss that!

Constellation

just adding myself to the mix. this is actually embarrassing when I try to take halloween pics but the lag lost the moment. 

Asteroid

Really struggled taking Halloween pictures of my kids tonight. Constant lagging and 1 camera app crash. I have owned every Note since the Note 2, but if this issue isn't fix soon (going on 3 months without a fix) it will definitely be my last Note. Unacceptable for a $1000+ device .

I think we need to try contacting Tech News blogs to get the word out, so it lights a fire under Samsung and hopefully spurs some movement on this issue  

Constellation

I have the same issue.  Called Samsung. They had me take it to Ubreakifix. They could not fix it. Now I have to be without a phone to send it in to be looked at. This is ridiculous and a big inconvenience.  I have had Samsung phones for years. They should just replace it. I will think twice now before I buy another one.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Same issue here too, camera and video lag, blurry photos and videos 

Astronaut

It only happens to me with video, and only so far when I use the two-power-button-press shortcut after the phone has been asleep.

I had an S8 for 16 months and never this issue.

I've tried switching from SD card storage to Internal, reducing video resolution (currently at UHD 30fps), turning off Tracking AF, and basically any other feature that I would think might steal processing.

I do have power optimization on. Has anyone tried turning it off? Perhaps there's a related process that's being forced to sleep.

Cosmic Ray

I've noticed when panning the video would judder every second as if the the image stabilization can't catch up.  The recorded video doesn't look smooth due to the judder.   The problem appears to come and go, though.

Constellation

Its over 2 months already and yet there is still no fix for this MAJOR issue! When zooming in, it lags. when taking multiple photos, the capture button is unresponsive. when taking a video, it would freeze intermittently and not respond. 

I've reset the phone, changed storage to internal, cleared cache on camera, reset camera settings. NOTHING WORKS TO FIX THIS ISSUE!

I've been a note user since the very first Note, you would think with the 9th rendition you can have a flawless camera! So disappointing.

Constellation

Guy at UBreakIFix told me this is not an uncommon issue and you won't be getting a fix. Its a mobo issue. Here we come class action lawsuit.

Constellation

I have the same problem since the first day that I got my phone. And I couldn't find any solution to this problem.

Pay around 1K dollars and the camera always freezing.

Samsung, this is a serious issue, and you must fix it. The note users are loyal customers to this series of the phone and brand. It is utterly shameful that you couldn't find any solution for this issue after some months yet.