Note 9 Camera Lag Randomly

Asteroid

Re: Note 9 Camera Lag Randomly

My phone downloaded an Update today (around 400mb) that seems to have fixed the lag issue. 

Model code: SM-N960UZBATMB

Baseband version: N960USQU1ARJ8

Carrier: T-Mobile 

128GB version, have tried using both Stock and Nova Launcher, pics saved to internal memory. Had constant and horrible lag / freezing (and camera error message) making the camera unusable at times, especially action shots.

It's only been 1 day since the update, but the lag / freezing hasn't shown up yet. I will keep monitoring and report back if that is not in fact the case, but so far so good.

Constellation

I received it this morning and afraid to install😩

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Same issue lag and stutter when camera open for video and pictures..it started about 3 months ago ..I have tried everything from resett new to factory,change screen resolution,remove SD card and more..I sm thinking of returning device..

SM-N960UZBATMB

Unlock version 

Samsung Moderator

Hey there, this problem has been discussed in a different thread as well. There should be an update coming through to fix this. Unfortunately since we cannot speculate on a release date, we do not have a specific date for when the update should be rolled out. If you have any new updates available, please go ahead and update the device and keep us updated on whether or not the problem continues.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

SO WHAT SAMSUNG?

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?

RESETTING THE APP?

IT DOES NOT FIX THE ISSUE.

MOR ONS

Asteroid

Well the update provided a short window of lag free performance, but tonight at my daughter's dance performance, the camera failed 3x times while recording video.

At this point, I can't rely on this phone for capturing memories. Have owned every Note made but this will be my last. Pixel 3 camera is looking better and better  

Asteroid

Have you tried by clearing the cache and data for your camera app? Also, try to use the camera in auto mode if you are not, just in case.

Constellation

Can you please confirm that this is an acknowledged issue? None of the release notes for any of the patches indicate this was even addressed and when I discussed this with Samsung tech support (chat AND phone) they refuse to acknowledge it is an issue and the only thing they can offer is me sending my new phone in for repair. I don't know if they would replace it with a used phone, how long it will take, etc... so BEFORE I do that, I want to know if this is even being tracked within Samsung. I don't want to go through this hassle come to find out the problem will exist with another phone. 

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Android Authority just reported on this issue. Nice to see that the media is starting to pick up on the story as well. Hopefully this helps light a fire under Samsung so they take care of the problem in more of a timely manner.

https://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-9-camera-freezing-927492/#respond

Hopefully this helps light a fire under Samsung so they take care of the problem in more of a timely manner.

Astronaut

Model number SM-N960U  

RF8K81LLFPTN960USQS1ARJ9  

Verizon

I regret jumping from the Note8 to the 9 so quickly because of this issue. Has ruined far too many pictures and not just in the native camera app either. This is why Apple users tout the "it just works" line, because of faults like these.