Note 9 Camera Lag Randomly

Constellation

Re: Note 9 Camera Lag Randomly

I'm having the same issue and Samsung seems to not care about resolving this issue by staying silent. Next phone I'm switching to the Pixel phone.

Constellation

Similar issue here. Intermittent lag while recording video.  Sound doesnt lag just video. 

Model. SM-N960U

Baseband version   960USQS1ARJA

ATT

512GB

Constellation

I contacted support this worked for me.

First try to make this procedure to solve the issue: 1. Tap on “Settings” icon. 2. Tap on “Apps” 3. Now pick the app that you like to clear off the cache memory. **Camera App** 4. Then tap on “Storage”. 5. Tap on “Clear Cache”, and perform this action. This deletes the cache memory related to that particular application. Additionally, to free up more space, you perform Clear Data. It will clear all the data related to an application. Then, **Wipe partition: This can yield results similar to a factory reset without losing any personal data stored on the device’s internal memory. 1. Turn off the device. 2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key. 3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options). 4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.” 5. Press the Power key to select. 6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select. 7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted. 8. Press the Power key to restart the device. 

Let's learn how to wipe cache partition in SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 9. The cache partition contains temporary files sometimes called junk files. This operation won't delete anything form your internal storage. The wipe cache partition can improve performance, battery life, and repair some system ...
Cosmic Ray

There is already a 69 page topic regarding this.  No need for two.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-9-Questions-and/Note-9-camera-freezes/td-p/387229/pa...

Constellation

And there are others as well!  I posted this there:

I just talked to a supervisor at Samsung (after 3 calls and lots of frustration).  After a lot of persistence, I was able to get him to tell me that there is an update to improve "camera stability" and that it was released overseas Dec. 1.  He said there have not been complaints about the camera since the update there so he is optimistic it will fix it.  U.S. carriers haven't released the updates yet (still testing?) and he didn't know when they will.  Verizon wants to give me a refurbished phone but there's no way to know if that one will have the bug and I take care of my phone so don't want to accept a used one.  And he thinks it's a software problem not hardware.  I find it a little hard to understand why just some phones have the bug (if they all did there would be more than 68 pages of complaints and it would be in the NY Times!).  HIs answer is it could be lots of apps or malware.  I am grateful to him for giving me this information.  But, I fault Samsung for HORRIBLE customer service.   Technicians say they do not know about the problem of freezing cameras.  Worse, I was told numerous times something like:  "I can google anything and find someone with the same problem or someone who agrees with me."  I found that really insulting given the 68 pages and numerous other threads on Samsung community, article on Forbes.com, numerous Reddit posts, and multiple tech blogs!  Until I found this one person, Samsung was stonewalling and refusing to admit the problem with the Note 9 - probably worried about sales.  And I had to insist he google "note 9 camera freeze" and be really persistent before he would admit the problem.  Note to Samsung:  it is reasonable for people to want a $1000 phone to take photos!  And do not disrespect your customers when your product is faulty.

Asteroid

Clearing the device cache only fixes the issue for a few days... Issue always returns.
Just finished speaking with 2 different Samsung Support agents, both saying they have no record of this issue. Very doubtful Samsung is serious about a fix due to inaction, if even possible without swapping your $1000 phone for a refurbished unit.
Pixel just won best Phone camera of 2018 on various tech blogs... Due to this issue, I completely agree and will definitely consider my options more carefully for my next upgrade.
Asteroid

Same issue here, ever since day one of launch. 

N960U

T-mobile 

Constellation

Same here. Googled to see if it was a common issue and here we are. 

People landing here-- take the time to register and post a "me too" so samsung knows how widespread this is.

If you have even more time, call them and complain about it.

That's all we can really do and Samsung will probably still ignore this all since they have only been working on newer versions of the software-- not old released like what we are ALL running at this moment (and at every moment unless you are a beta tester)

Astronaut

Mine lags as well. Photo quality is also not near as good as Samsung claims. What a let down 

Constellation

Same issue here .

Model SM-N960U

Baseband N960USQS1ARK1

T-Mobile