Note 9 Over Heating

SOLVED
Constellation

Note 9 Over Heating

I received and activated my Note 9 today, but I noticed that the phone got extremally hot in a minute and has stayed that way since. I can't keep the phone in my hand for more than five minutes, because of the hotness of the phone. You can literally fry an egg on the back of the phone. I hope it dosesn't turn out to be another Note 7 crisis. 

See more topics labeled with:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungCole (Samsung Moderator)
‎10-16-2018 08:49 AM

Re: Note 9 Over Heating

[ Edited ]

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue, we'd like to escalate this to our specialized team. In order to do so, can you send us a private message here with the below details?-->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
IMEI Number:

35 REPLIES
Comet

I was worried about the same thing on day 1. I felt it through a sleeve. Not any more.

Just let everything get its first run and initial configuration done, and it wont be a problem soon.

Cosmic Ray

Mine gets hot also when I'm charging it. My biggest issue is its loading slow. It opens pages on the internet slow. We got the 1st batch of phones these always gof issues but they better get them fixed we paid to much money 

Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungCole (Samsung Moderator)
‎10-16-2018 08:49 AM

[ Edited ]

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue, we'd like to escalate this to our specialized team. In order to do so, can you send us a private message here with the below details?-->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
IMEI Number:

Asteroid

Is anyone working on disabling Bixby key  ???

Asteroid

There are a few apps that require ADB Permissions one that let's you remap I'll look them back up and repost. On a side note anyone else have a Middle Camera Off center from the cut out

Cosmic Ray

My middle camera lens is off center, it's in the lower left corner.

Very anoiyng, this phone feals rushed.....like a test device for Note 10.... For me it kinda starts disappointing me.

Off center camera, no force press gestures (hard press then swipe left or right), low dpi even though it's a big screen it still feals cramed.

Cosmic Ray

That is such a ridiculous post. Can you not get a refund and have to resort to trashing the Samsung name? This phone has a cooling system 3X larger than the Note 8 and S9 and S9+ but yours is SO hot you cant hold it... give me a break

Halo

On first run, when you are transferring and reinstalling all your apps, it runs a little hot, but this shouldn't persist. If it's a constant problem, send it back

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Bud, before you speak use some of those brain cells.  My phone stays in the 90f most the day and around 6am it hits 107f and starts shutting down applications.  I have ran into this at least 3 times now and believe me it gets really hot, maybe not burn me but uncomfortable enough to lay it down away from everything and see if it explodes.

Even if this has some new way of cooling, my phone gets down to 70f rarely, and 90 is what I see on normal use.  Heck Samsung should have me BETA test their phones! I am a heavy user and this kind of freaks me out, especially when I paid $1300!