Note 9 Over Heating

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 Over Heating

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

Constellation

When I first got my phone I ran all updates and then a factory reset before installing apps. I have not had any problems since. I learned from my previous experience with android phones.
Constellation

I have a problem with my Note 9 when I am taking pictures. It gets very hot and has shut down the camera app and one time went completely black. This is the only time I notice it getting hot. Is there a setting I have wrong that won't work properly if the camera is on a long time?

Samsung Moderator

Hey there, I edited and accepted a current accepted solution for everyone. Mind following the steps listed there so we can escalate this for you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Same thing. It got so hot I had to drop it when I booted up the phone for the first time.

It has become warm a few times since then but nothing as bad as first turning on the phone from the box.

Astronaut

Mine got really hot while watching a preloaded movie,,just switched from iPhone,, hope I don't make a mistake...share solutions please
Constellation

Note 9 got so hot it cracked my front glass! New black 128gb left side gets blazing hot. Think its going to  blow up like the note 7!

Samsung Moderator

Hey, @userjBbmIB9LRm We're sorry to hear you're having this issue, we'd like to escalate this to our specialized team. Can you shoot us a private message?

Constellation

Even i have my note 9 heating issues since i started using it normally....like if use it for continuous 1 hr it becomes so hot in the back that i can't hold my phone anymore then i keep the screen off for like half hour then it becomes normal & it even doubles the heat when i launch the camera and my phone vibrates while the camera is on and the camera screen creates a ripple i don't know why is this happening
Asteroid

All phones create a ripple if you get a message with camera open, it is because the image stablizer gets confused. Physics. Nothing specific to Note 9.

Rule of thumb from a very heavy user, restart your phone once every 4-5 days. If I don't restart the phone for more than a week, I feel my phone running warmer than normal and more battery drains.