Note 9 Pre-ordering Colors

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 - What the Heck, Samsung?!?

[ Edited ]

We would be paying $1250 each for a phone that we are likely to be keeping for several years.  Unlike many, we would be buying the phone outright and not making paymemts or doing yearly upgrades.  The case selection as of now is very limited and why would you want to spend that kind of money on something only to have to cover it up?  That would be like buying a painting and displaying it with a drop cloth over it.  Additionally, a case would do nothing to cover up the crayon looking SPen. 

It is not childish to want a color that is professional and we are not the only people who would rather have a plain black phone over something that looks like it came from the crayola factory.  They missed the mark with their marketing (which shows with their current state of market sales/share in mobiles). 

As far as getting "me" - I am not sure what you are referring to.  Did you mean "mad"?  If so, then you also missed the mark.  We aren't mad.  We are disappointed and unhappy with their decision.  Their decision affects our decision - no anger, just money diverted elsewhere and, from other comments and articles we have seen, ours isn't the only money looking for other options.

Astronaut

Re: No Black U.S. Note 9?!?

No black is a deal breaker for me. I'm not a child. I don't need a phone that looks like my 6 year old's tablet. I definitely don't need a bright yellow crayon S-Pen. I will keep my midnight black note 8 another year if they don't get their act together and release the adult version of the Note 9 in the US. I was going to get the 512GB version too.

Asteroid

My husband and I are in complete agreement with this.  We were very excited about the new Note 9, and were all set to order one for each of us...then we saw our color choices.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

We were wanting the exact two colors they are not offering.  Wife wanted copper, and I wanted black. 

Samsung just lost two sales. We just might wait to see what Apple comes with  

Cosmic Ray

I understand your disappointment due to the color options. It is pretty annoying these companies gives us a few colors and then a couple months later "introduce" a new color that should have been released from the beginning. I think black and white colored phones should just be standard.  I preordered the blue one because my S9+ is the lilac color. I am not sure what phone you are currently using but from the S7s but more specifically  S8s and up, you would most likely want to put a case on it due to the all glass factor. These devices are slippery as heck. 

Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 black

[ Edited ]

If I am not mistaken, I think all 4 colors are being released in the US at the same time. I could be wrong though, so don't quote me. Unpacked announced the Launch date as August 24th. However, Carriers will likely have the option to choose which colors they provide. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

I have been a Samsung Note user since the Note II. I had to turn in three (yes 3) Note 7 devices (the s-pen was faulty on the first, the second was due to the recall and replaced with a *fixed* unit, then the third was when the *fixed* unit was found to not be *fixed*).

I stayed with Samsung and purchased the S7edge, but all they had were the silver models. I was very much looking forward to the Note 9 in midnight black, but the only color options in the US are Lavender (I'm a man) and Ocean Blue (I'm not a tennager who wants a "look at me" yellow s-pen).

Now comes the decision - order the S9+ in black, or switch phone manufacturers. I just convinced my wife to switch from the iPhone to Samsung for the s9+, but now I regret it. I could not be more dissapointed in Samsung for their decision to force professionals and power-users to choose between phone colors that look like children's toys.

Asteroid

Re: Note 9 Pre-ordering Colors

I have been a Samsung Note user since the Note II. I had to turn in three (yes 3) Note 7 devices (the s-pen was faulty on the first, the second was due to the recall and replaced with a *fixed* unit, then the third was when the *fixed* unit was found to not be *fixed*).

I stayed with Samsung and purchased the S7edge, but all they had were the silver models. I was very much looking forward to the Note 9 in midnight black, but the only color options in the US are Lavender (I'm a man) and Ocean Blue (I'm not a tennager who wants a "look at me" yellow s-pen).

Now comes the decision - order the S9+ in black, or switch phone manufacturers. I just convinced my wife to switch from the iPhone to Samsung for the s9+, but now I regret it. I could not be more dissapointed in Samsung for their decision to force professionals and power-users to choose between phone colors that look like children's toys.

Astronaut

Re: Please offer the black version of the note 9 in the US market

Thank you! My husband and I are very disappointed in the colors. How do you not have black, gray or silver?  

Asteroid

I agree, Samung what are you doing??? I was going to purchase but I'm not going to spend $1200 on a color I don't want. They're going to have another sales flop until they open up all the colors to all markets. Hope you're listening Samsung! You got this really wrong

@userhRc4LuSO1C wrote:

My husband and I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Note 9 to update our extremely outdated phones.  We just updated our children's phones to the S9+ last month.  We have been a Samsung phone family for 6-7 years and had no plans on changing that...until, perhaps, now.  Why in the world are blue and purple the only colors available in the US???  Black should be a standard across the board in the very least.  My husband did not want a phone that looks like a teenager owns it...he wanted a professional looking phone in an ADULT color.  I can't even say that I am happy with the color choices (or lack thereof).  Samsung, are you trying to send us to the Pixel 2 or 3???  I am not sure how much longer our current Samsung phone will hold out...when will the US have better color options...or do we just need to select a different brand of phone?