Note 9 camera lags/freezes from 1 to 5 seconds & also I received camera failed warning.

Cosmic Ray

Note 9 camera lags/freezes from 1 to 5 seconds & also I received camera failed warning.

Note 9 camera freezes/lags. Tried the following: clearing cache, saving to SD card, saving to internal memory, turning off flaw detection and tracking. My most used mode this has happened in is the camera apps PRO and AUTO modes. Samsung please advise. Thanks.

9/10/2018

52 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 camera lags/freezes from 1 to 5 seconds & also I received camera failed warning.

@userjasvzeyPJJ Have you tried testing the camera while the phone is in Safe Mode

Constellation

Re: Note 9 camera lags/freezes from 1 to 5 seconds & also I received camera failed warning.

Hi I encoutered the same issue with my Note 9 as well. 

I have a T-mobile 128GB version with SD card, but I can confirm this lag/freeze issue happens very regularly even without SD card. I use Nova launcher. I never had this issue with Note 8. I once got the Camera failed message as well. My wife has the same model and sd card and Nova configuration but she does not have this issue. I am going to reach out to Samsung.

So I believe this issue is not just isolated to me. There is a whole thread in xda developers with a lot of people having this issue. 

Please let me know. 

Constellation

Hi, 

So I have the T-Mobile lavender purple 512 gigabytes Note 9 and I get camera lag issues a lot. I'm on the latest Firmware and I am using Nova Launcher. But I doubt that has anything to do with it. a couple apps that I use for my camera and it's seriously lags basically the camera will follow my movements for about a second and then it freezes for about 2 to 3 seconds then it starts moving again following on with where my movement is for about a second then another 2 to 3 seconds and just over and over and I am using this app called the Receipt Hog. But I do have to use this phone for business and I need to have a reliable working phone the takes pictures and videos without lag because that revolves around my whole business.

What do we need to do to address this problem or how does this get fixed do I need to contact somebody or just post here or what.

Constellation

Hi, 

So I have the T-Mobile lavender purple 512 gigabytes Note 9 and I get camera lag issues a lot. I'm on the latest Firmware and I am using Nova Launcher. But I doubt that has anything to do with it. a couple apps that I use for my camera and it's seriously lags basically the camera will follow my movements for about a second and then it freezes for about 2 to 3 seconds then it starts moving again following on with where my movement is for about a second then another 2 to 3 seconds and just over and over and I am using this app called the Receipt Hog. But I do have to use this phone for business and I need to have a reliable working phone the takes pictures and videos without lag because that revolves around my whole business.

What do we need to do to address this problem or how does this get fixed do I need to contact somebody or just post here or what.

Samsung Moderator

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

Asteroid

Same issue for me. Att 512.

Asteroid

Me too. Tmobile, blue, 128. I cleared the camera cache but the issue is sporadic so starting in safe mode probably isn't helpful. I had a tmobile rep tell me to clear the cache and restart the phone and when I did that the issue didnt happen immediately but did reoccur the following day when I needed to use the camera. I see some articles surfacing and a forum on xda, so I see we are not alone

Samsung Moderator

Hey guys, could you all provide the following information? 

Model Number: 

Baseband version: 

Carrier: 

Constellation

Also having this issue.  Trying to avoid replacement unless Samsung is offering advance replacements.  I can't be without a phone.

Model number: SM-N960U

Baseband Version: N960USQU1ARH4

Carrier: AT&T