Note 9 colors for U.S. - anyone else mad?

Asteroid

Note 9 colors for U.S. - anyone else mad?

Why Samsung won't release colors besides the childish blue/yellow combo and the feminine lavender for the U.S. beats me. I refuse to pay $1000+ for a device and settle on one of two colors that are an eyesore to me. I know the blue isn't *that* bad, in fact it looks pretty good minus the yellow s pen. But I've had blue Samsungs since the s3. Then the s4. Then a note 5. I'm tired of blue, and the black is super sleek.

Anyone else upset? Im still using the note 5, but if the black/copper/silver doesn't launch in the U.S. soon, I'll be moving to another manufacturer. I know Samsung doesn't care about one person, but it's just mind boggling regardless.

What are you trying to do Samsung? Cause a surge of new sales in various countries when releasing a "new" color? 

11 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: Note 9 colors for U.S. - anyone else mad?

Yes! Im super mad too, Irrationaly so... but  I'm not going to pay $1000+ for them to tell me what color I want. Black should be default. It's a huge blunder to not have black in the US and have it everywere else.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I kind of feel the same way. I really wanted the black because my mom has an S8 that's black and it looks so sleek. I went with the blue though and I'm fine with it, it's darker than I thought it'd be. I understand not wanting blue again if you've had all those blue phones before though. And yeah, I still hate the yellow pen. It's uglier in person than in the photos even. I've been trying to find a silver pen to buy to replace it, but no one has put one up for sale yet.

Asteroid

I'm frustrated too.  Still trying to eek out a little more life out of my 5 year old phone even though it's battery only lasts about 5 mins on a full charge.  I'm determined to wait till I can get a Black model, I really don't want a blue phone and since I like to try to use my phones for about 4 years I don't want to be stuck with a blue one for that long.   Hope they release all the colors in the US soon.  I think they will likely release them first week of october to try and undercut the new Iphone release.

Asteroid

I was angry at first Time for not having black color but I love note 9 more than other android phones. Blue is worth to buy. Anyway u will use some case to cover up. Samsung experiance is lot smoother than other android devices such as one plus. 1k is totally worth it.

Asteroid

Yeah as bad as I want it, I just can't deal with the blue. I want to take advantage of current promos but I'm not doing it just to be stuck with a color I don't like on a $1000+ flagship phone. Dont get me wrong, again, the blue isn't hideous or anything, but it's like buying a new Lamborghini and being told you can only purchase it in Blue or Purple. Oh and the Blue one will have an all yellow interior. We're terribly sorry, you could have gotten a black one if you lived in a different country. 

Constellation

I really wanted black but the bogo preorder deal was too good to pass up for my first Samsung. I usually keep a case on phones so it ended up black anyway except for the cameras. This is the best phone I've had aside from the iPhone 8 plus. I'm a little disappointed but not mad. It is what it is. It's still a great phone so far. 

Oh, the humanity! 

Current Device- Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Ocean Blue, 512 GB

The Note 9 was a huge upgrade for me I had the S7 Edge, I am thankful that I got the phone for an amazing deal but I wanted a black phone! I had no other choice? Why would Samsung do this?  I always wanted a black phone I was thinking that I could get the Note9 in black but NO! Samsung should give the option for a free upgrade from blue to black.

Constellation

Look at us with our third world problems...