Pure Gear HD Screen Protector for Note 9: Don't buy it. It's junk.

Cosmic Ray

Pure Gear HD Screen Protector for Note 9: Don't buy it. It's junk.

[ Edited ]

When I got the Note 9 last week, I also bought a Pure Gear HD Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the Note 9 at the T-Mobile store. $44.99 + $4.05 tax = $45.04. 

The second day, the Pure Gear screen protector came off. It simply came off. Within four days, it came off three more times. I reached in my pocket and found the Pure Gear screen protector was not attached to the screen. Yesterday, the phone was lying on the sofa next to me: I reach over to pick it up and all I got was the Pure Gear screen protector. It doesn't stick to the phone. Yesterday, I saw it was cracked in three places.

We went to T-Mobile this morning. They refuse to refund the purchase. They suggested I contact Pure Gear and in perhaps four days, Pure Gear would send me a new one. Why would I want to replace a useless product with the same useless product?

You can buy Note 9 screen protectors for $10 or less at Amazon (and get two in a package, so it's less than $5 each). 

T-Mobile should stop playing games and just refund the cost to me. 

11 REPLIES
Comet

Re: Pure Gear HD Screen Protector for Note 9: Don't buy it. It's junk.

Yeah it's a rip off, the only one I hear everyone recommend is the Whitestone Dome Glass, but I haven't tried it personally, I just use the phone without one right one, no scratches so far. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

That's odd I have the puregear HD one also and its working great I got it from Verizon and was only 25. After tax and they told me if it breaks or anything I could get a replacement one for half price

Note 9 User
Asteroid

There really isnt any good options for the note 9 with the stupid infinity display, but my note 8 lasted me almost a year before I traded it in never any cracks. I've had my note 9 for 7 days dropped it once 2 feet and the glass cracked.

I have it in a case too. And Samsung is 0 help in getting it fixed. They'll just tell you it's your fault and tough luck.

Best protector I've found that's not tempered glass is to get the IQ shield film protector. None of the glass ones really work well because of the infinity display other than the whitestone dome because it has full adherence, but it's also $50.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I think it's worth it to spend $50 on the whitestone dome glass to protect a phone you spent over $1000 on.

Cosmic Ray

i agree: i wouldn't dare take the phone anywhere without a case and screen protector. i wonder why the glass is impossible for the cell phone companies to replace. or do they want to force us to buy a new phone?

Constellation

Bought my galaxy N9 a week ago with this $50 case. I was on bed when my phone rang and when tried to answer. It slipped off my hand and hit the rug!!  "The rug!!!!" Not even 2 feet high!!!  Now my case is cracked. What a piece of garbage. 

Astronaut

Same here, i bought mine at Verizon for $64 for the steel 360. The sales man put it on.  1st day it got particles under the sides of the screen where the sticky part is, because the sides weren't touching and it became loose on the sides.(poping up). So i bought the Walmart brand full adhesion and works perfect and under 14$.. never buy this brand again,  I should have looked up the reviews before purchasing like i normally do.  What a waste of $. It would be good if it was a full adhesive glass and not just the sides.  Smiley Sad

Astronaut

Hello, I agree with ur post this product is absolutely garbage and a waste of money. it is $44.99 + tax which is ridiculously high for what u get in the stupid box. Not even two days of having this the screen easily comes off and particles and inside of it. Never again will I go to T-Mobile for screen protectors. Its a complete joke. So for the meantime cause I bought the phone like two days I used tape to keep the screen protector in place around the casing. Its something til I get one on amazon for a better price and better quality for that matter. I wish I known what to look for in the beginning but lessoned learned. The protector itself doesnt even feel like tempered glass more like plastic from recycled pepsi/coke bottles. Please do not buy this product.

Samsung Care Ambassador

the best tempered glass protector are the ones that needs loca glue and you can purchase them on ebay or amazon. you have to apply the glue manually.