Samsung DeX Station WQHD 1440p not working on Oreo

Asteroid

Samsung DeX Station WQHD 1440p not working on Oreo

Hi, i update my note 8 to Oreo, i can now see on the Dex Setting HD, FHD and WQHD  on the resolution tab, but the WQHD is grayout , i can only choose between HD or FHD. Why ? My monitor is a 4k

29 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: Samsung DeX Station WQHD 1440p not working on Oreo

Any Help ? No one have this issue ?

Asteroid

Hi, yes i tried 2 different monitors 4k and 2k Samsung with in box cable. Same thing...

Black Hole

Ahh, thanks for verifying this, @Shadownet. Currently, the max supported resolution in the DeX station is 1920 x 1080.

I do apologize for this inconvenience, if you need help with anything else, please let our community know and they'll be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

again weak samsung service.... youre saying something else here: https://developer.samsung.com/samsung-dex/how-it-works WQHD should be supported... shame
Constellation

I'm also having the same issue with WQHD resolution (2560x1440) being grayed out.  I can only select up to 1920x1080 (1600x900 and auto select also work).  The strange thing is that WQHD was working initially but now it doesn't.  Tried rebooting my phone but no luck.  I did not change monitors, cables or anything else.

TG

Constellation

Same problem here with Dex station. Seems Samsung wants us to buy the new Dex pad...

Astronaut

I have a Note 8 with Oreo and a Dex Pad on a LG 4k TV and it still does not work. Anybody`s been able to make it work???

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried clearing your cache partition?

Constellation

Anyone heard any update on getting WQHD on the Dex. I agree with everyone that all the documentation says that WQHD should work in the DEX environment but it clearly doesn't