Samsung DeX Station WQHD 1440p not working on Oreo

Asteroid

Re: Samsung DeX Station WQHD 1440p not working on Oreo

I have tried everything, clearing cache, restarts, different cables, different 4k monitors, etc. nothing seems to get the WQHD enabled.  I have the dex pad which claims it should support it but does not.  My monitor is huge 43" and having a 1080 resolution on there is just too big and not a good use of real-estate.  

Constellation

I'm in the same boat as you, 43 inch 4K monitor and I'm typing this up right now on 1080p with my DeX. It looks terrible! I bought the DeX specifically so that I can use my phone in this fashion, but this is enough to make me not use the DeX at all.

If this doesn't get updated by Samsung, I'm skipping out on more updated products. I had hopes for the new DeX Pad, but I can't justify a new dock when this one isn't even 2 years old and is now appearing to be a gimmick product instead of something Samsung is actually going to support. 

Constellation

I am wondering were you able to get the 1440p to work? i bought the note 9 hoping to get the dex on my dell monitor working but I only get the 1080p option.

Constellation

I'm still waiting for WQHD as 1080p is super big on my monitor. Heard you can do it though adb but I really don't want to have to mess with anything. I've got Samsung 4k monitor and 4k HDMI cable, Dex dock and still nothing. 

Constellation

Just got my Dexpad today and now discover that it does not support 1440p or 4k for that matter.  It's quite disappointing.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to return it for now until this is resolved. 

Asteroid

Referring to an earlier statement that WQHD is not supported - How can it be stated that WQHD is unsupported when the DeX settings app lists it as an option?

These Samsung pages explicitly states WQHD support!

https://insights.samsung.com/2018/03/30/5-tips-to-get-the-most-from-samsung-dex/

https://developer.samsung.com/samsung-dex/how-it-works

I have SEP v9.0 as specified by the second link.  SEP v8 only supports FHD and my SEP v9 settings app shows support for three resolutions.

I recommend escalation to customer support to seek some financial relief or return because the product is inferior to its stated specifications.  This is outright misrepresentation.

Asteroid

Online chat support is the opposite of helpful.  Twice (months apart) they declared my request for WQHD to be invalid, then they blame everything not made by Samsung.  They are either lying or are ignorant when they speak with such authority.  Their primary goals appear to be to relieve Samsung of all blame and responsibility.

Twice I had to show them Samsung product pages stating WQHD support and a screen shot showing WQHD greyed out.  

Here's my setup

• Galaxy S8+  Android v8 Oreo
  • Samsung Experience v9.0
  • Both DeX Station and DeX Pad
  • Using the charger, USB cable, and HDMI cable included with the DeX products, and other HDMI cables
  • Dell U3417W monitor (with 2560x1440 support explicitly stated in the specifications and manual)
  • LG OLED55B6P

The DeX option for WQHD is greyed out.  I have never seen it active.

Samsung Moderator

In order for the WQHD feature to enable on the Dex Station or Dex Pad, the connected monitor will need to respond the correct EDID information to the system. If this is not happening, the WQHD option will not be made available.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

Hi Samsung support.

This is not the solution. Dex spec said it support WQHD so we buy WQHD monitor/TV.

Please make the option available for us to select.

Constellation

Samsung not very good at support. I bought the Note 9 but almost got the new iPhone because I hate waiting for samsung updates!