Samsung DeX Station WQHD 1440p not working on Oreo

Constellation

Re: Samsung DeX Station WQHD 1440p not working on Oreo

Same here with tab s4.

The QHD optión is grey, and I don't think my tv panasonic OLED is going through any parameters by HDMI, I have Apple TV and some more 4k devices and ALL work perfectly.
Is there any answer from Samsung?

Samsung Moderator

What software version is the SamsungDex running on?

Constellation

Samsung Moderator

This has already been reported to our product development team for further research.

Constellation

And it will be resolved shortly?

Constellation

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Same setup (adapter, monitor, HDMI cable, etc.) and my macbook gives my 2560 x 1600 with the monitor attached. But with the Note 9, I only get 1920 x 1080. Smiley Sad

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I just found using the full regular Dex mode it will only display 1920x1080. If I change it to DeX Mirroring mode the resolution changes to 3840x2160. Yes, this not what I expected when buying the DeX Pad and a 4k monitor, but switching is easy if you are just looking to watch a movie on Netflix in 4k and then use office/computer type apps in DeX mode at 1080 or less. Not making any excuses for Samsung but it's a workaround that's suffice for me until the monitor can just stay 4k in DeX mode. Hope this helps some. The HDR 10 Dolby Atmos Aquaman trailer on Youtube was unbelievable on my 4k monitor and wearing headphones. Happy holidays all, Samsung is still the leader in my book.

Galaxy S9+ w/Android 8 and SEV 9

Level On Pro Headphones

Dex Pad - 4k monitor (HDMI), external keyboard & mouse

Still lists my older gear below...Samsung?

Galaxy S7 Edge/T-Mobile
Gear S3 Frontier/T-Mobile
Galaxy S Tab 2/9.1 inch
Level U Pro Ear Buds
Constellation

if the max resolution is only 1080p then why does it say 4k uhd on the box???????

Astronaut

Same boat.  4K Samsung display, and no dice on anything over 1080p with my Note 9 and a DeX Pad.

Still loving the concept!  Keep refining, and addressing bugs.  More flexibility to the end user = more love.

Thanks!

Asteroid

Still wqhd on Android 9 is greyed out Smiley Sad