Samsung Note 9 bluetooth pairing issues and randomly turn off

Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung Note 9 bluetooth pairing issues and randomly turn off

I had a pre-ordered Samsung Note 9 that delivered on 24th Aug 2018. This initially had issues to pair up with my car bluetooth and after removing cache space and did reset settings finally Paried up with my Hyundai ix35 which is of 2014 make

Worked fine for 4 days and found issues while making calls, while there is no issue to incoming calls, Can't use the LCD to make calls directly from car. Have tested with iphone 5s, Galaxy 5 and iphoneX, which worked good with the car bluetooth.

This was resolved after discussing with Samsung Customer care who proposed for Factory resettings. Also advised to consult Hyundai on the version of the car bluetooth which is of 3+. 

Hyundai service team verified and confirmed that the car has latest version of their maps/bluetooth.

After a week, I again found issues with media play, which couldn't pickup the youtube videos on the car bluetooth and can't hear on the car speakers.

A second time call to customer care and after failed attempts with  cache cleanup, reset settings, reset network the issue resloved again with Factory resettings.

Finally seem to found that car bluetooth pair up issues would resolve with FActory resettings ONLY.

Taken to George street, Sydney Australia and found no hardware issues but sent to servicing for software checks and confirmed on installation of new software.

would be appreciable for your valuable  advice on this.

7 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Note 9 bluetooth pairing issues and randomly turn off

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

Cosmic Ray

What about the USA customers with Bluetooth not pairing with their car bluetooth? There is a long thread of people with issues and no solution. I find it strange Samsung would quickly point out this forum is for USA customers only yet the USA customers with the same issue Samsung has been silent and or has no solution for this known problem.

I am a Realtor and use my phone all the time making calls and using bluetooth for navigation through town. Now that I have no ability to pair my phone to my car I'm forced to break the law/drive unsafely or pull over everytime I get a call which is highly inconvenient.  I had the note 8 and never had an issue pairing to my car. How is it all these different car manufacturers have no issues with pairing bluetooth with other phones yet have an issue with note 9. It's clear to me there is an issue with the Samsung Note 9, not the car manufacturers.   Paying $1,000+ for a phone I expect simple aspects of the phone to work without issue, bluetooth pairing is one of them....

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried clearing cache data on Bluetooth, Bluetooth MIDI Services, and Bluetooth Test apps?  Have you tried disconnecting and reattempting? Have you tried setting the connections from the radio?

Cosmic Ray

Yes, this phone is becoming a joke...

Cosmic Ray

> Have you tried clearing cache data on Bluetooth, Bluetooth MIDI Services, and Bluetooth Test apps?  Have you tried disconnecting and reattempting? Have you tried setting the connections from the radio?

It would be useful if you wrote the steps to do these items. I don't want to spend an hour hunting through so many menus to find these.

And it'd be even better if Samsung simply fixed the Bluetooth/Car pairing issue. I had a Note 8; this feature worked perfectly.

Cosmic Ray

How to clear the cache data on Bluetooth, Bluetooth MIDI Services, and Bluetooth Test apps

Open the Settings

Select "Apps:

Click the three dots

Select "Show System Apps"

Scroll down to Bluetooth. There are three apps: Bluetooth, Bluetooth MIDI Service, Bluetooth Test.

Select "Bluetooth"

Scroll down to Storage

Click "Clear Cache"

Do the same to clear the cache for Bluetooth MIDI Service and Bluetooth Test.

See, Samsung? Just document the steps.

andreas

Cosmic Ray

I tried all steps suggested in all threads and my car still DOES NOT CONNECT to this dang phone. 

"The Most Advanced Phone Every Made By Samsung"  Yet basic function like bluetooth doesnt work.....smh

Good thing I'm paying for a music streaming service to listen to music while I drive....NOT