Samsung Note 9 - on-call Volume issue

Asteroid

Samsung Note 9 - on-call Volume issue

I've upgraded from S8+ to Note 9 recently and facing an issue with volume especially during the call. Even if I set a volume to all up then seems like very low compared to my previous device S8+. 

I did start with safe mode and no luck.

I did try on speakerphone, headset and Bluetooth headset but no difference.

I did turn off "Wifi Calling" and also make sure network signals are at its maximum but no luck.

I did even notice low volume while listening podcast or google assistant feedback but it is secondary concern over basic call quality.

My phone Model is SM-960U and Baseband Version: N960USQU1ARH2.  My 14 days of return period is ending on Monday 9/10 so if I cannot fix by then considering to return to get another device.

Please let me know if you have a solution for it.

Thanks

See more topics labeled with:

9 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Note 9 - on-call Volume issue

Hey, give this a try. 

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Phone > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

Constellation

[ Edited ]

This is a temporary fix. This needs to be addressed!

Astronaut

I have the same problem with my new Galaxy note 9. Its very frustrating because I have a hard time focusing only on a call with all the sounds around me normally, so this makes the phone almost not usable for me, so much for an almost 1000 dollar investment!

Constellation

This definitely is a issue with this device as I am having the same issue if I put the volume half way I can hardly hear anything coming from the phone. 

Constellation

I will try this, but does it lose anything of value? I am cautious.

In my case, the problem is evident especially with SKYPE. Headphones work just fine, speaker volume works fine with regular phone calls, just NOT SKYPE). Hope that helps to consider a fix. 

Constellation

Hi there. I am from SA and just bought a note 9. The in call volume is extremely loud and have to adjust with every call answered or made. Please can you help

Constellation

I don't have any problem with in call Volume............ 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue i first noticed it when i connected my phone to my truck radio via blutooth when i played the music from my phone my radio said "talking" and the music was badly distorted i simply clicked the volume knob on my radio which would end a call didnt think much of it had the same issue occur a few times then today i went to play music on my phone from spotify but i couldnt hear anything tried turning it up but it was all the way up it also indicated i was turning up the "in-call volume" a quick temporary fix for me atleast was to click the volume button then slide the volume box down on the screen where it shows all the volume levels and manually turn up the media volume which is still  i paid close to a grand for this phone a month ago! have you found a permanent fix?

Constellation

I have the same issue, have tried your solution. But doesn't work at all.