Switching between Messages and 3rd party texting apps

Constellation

Switching between Messages and 3rd party texting apps

I believe this is more of an Android issue, more than a Note9, it happened on my S8 also. But.... I use Pulse as my text message app. I just happen to love it. A friend sent me 2 videos (iphone) and they looked all pixelated. I switched back to the stock "Messages" app to make sure it wasn't a setting in the Pulse app. Well, when I did this, I started getting text messages from all my friends about pictures I sent. I didn't send any pictures. Anyone else have this happen? Is there a fix for it? 

11 REPLIES
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Switching between Messages and 3rd party texting apps

@Casper34hs this was a known bug for the Samsung Messages app for a little while. Is the app update to date? I hadn't heard it had been continuing to happen. 

Constellation

How can I check to make sure my messages app is up to date, without sending a crapload of pics? 

I did, just before I created this post, dont know if it will help me update or not, but, turn airplane mode on, open the messages app, and delete all my messages. I have since sent a few texts, but no pics. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

[ Edited ]

deleted

Samsung Moderator

@Casper34hs You can update the app through the google play app. You can follow this path.
Google Play app>Menu button (top left 3 lines)> My Apps & Games

Constellation

No apps needing updates. 

Samsung Moderator

@Casper34hs Do you still receive pixelated videos through the standard messages app?

Constellation

Yes. It's worse from iPhone users. I just had a video sent from another Note9 on T-MOBILE .I am on T-MOBILE also. 

Samsung Moderator

@Casper34hs Does issue still persist when the phone is in safe mode?

Constellation

When I switched to safemode, I could not use Pulse app. I opened the stock app and it started downloading all my text messages since September 2018. I turned airplane mode on, and it still was downloading them. So, ya, checking that isn't going to happen. Sorry.