Switching between Messages and 3rd party texting apps

Samsung Moderator

Re: Switching between Messages and 3rd party texting apps

Putting your phone in safe mode is supposed to disable all 3rd party apps. It's a test feature on the phone to determine if any 3rd party apps are causing the issue or if it's the phone it's self. If this is not working then we will move on to resetting your phone using the following steps here.

Constellation

Re: Switching between Messages and 3rd party texting apps

I get what safe mode does, but it was downloading EVERY, SINGLE, FREAKING, TEXT MESSAGE from September 2018. That's got to be well over 10,000 text messages. How am I to know that it isn't going to send out all my old pics again? I can live not using the stock messaging app. I just didn't know if the blurry videos was a known issue or if it was a fix. Obviously it's known, and since it happened across phones and Android versions, there isn't a real fix for it. I am not resetting my phone. I hate doing that. I have it set the way I like, using the apps I like. If there is anything else you would like me to try, I don't mind, as long as you can guarantee that the app will not send out my pics that I have already sent or reset my phone .