Verizon Note 9 disabled features

Highlighted
Asteroid

Verizon Note 9 disabled features

Can anyone advise me what features on the Note 9 will be disabled by Verizo . Trying to decide if I need to go with unbranded Note 9 to keep all Samsung features.

3 REPLIES

Re: Verizon Note 9 disabled features

I always buy unlocked/unbranded devices simply due to the amount of add carrier apps that are either redundant or just simply bloatware. 

I've never really noticed the removal of native apps though  

Samsung Moderator

Honestly only Verizon could tell you what they disable on the devices. Samsung makes the device, but it's up to the Carriers to decide what parts of the software they alter. I'm sorry if that's not much help. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

@user7CK6gxiCKD wrote:

Can anyone advise me what features on the Note 9 will be disabled by Verizo . Trying to decide if I need to go with unbranded Note 9 to keep all Samsung features.

Unfortunately it does not matter if you buy a Samsung phone unlocked through Samsung. Starting features will be stripped by the carrier. For example Verizon stripped the wine search feature from Bixby on the Note 8. Also certain features are Stripped by region for example on the device maintenance there is no device security which scans your phone for viruses.